No, this is not an x-rated post about boobies. Sorry.
Just a funny story I had to share/journal!
The other night after we put Emersyn to bed, we were listening to her through the monitor. She is a chatterbox (hmmm, wonder where she gets THAT from?) and will talk to anyone, everyone, everything, including her stuffed animals, blankets, and everything else in her room. (Seriously.....we hear..."Goodnight dresser! Goodnight door! Goodnight curtain! Goodnight toy box! Goodnight lotion! Goodnight books!"....until everything in the room has been listed).
Except the other night we heard a new word blaring through the monitor.
At first we couldn't decipher if the word of the day was "poopie" or "boobie".
Either way - great, right?
It soon became obvious she was repeatedly chanting "BOOBIE!" in a loud, energetic voice.
Followed by uncontrollable 3-year old giggles. This went on a good 15-minutes straight.
I couldn't help but sit and laugh right along with her!
I'm not quite sure why she suddenly decided "boobie!" was the word of the week, but the next day she started saying it again as I was getting her pajamas on her from the comforts of the couch. She told me "mine are small, mommys are big. Daddy doesn't have any". Ironic, this is one of the first body parts she learned - I relate that to the fact she was nursed for 12 months.
Hey, the kid knows her anatomy, what can I say? We will put it on the list right next to her discovery of "tails".
Now I will wait patiently for the day she starts chanting "BOOBIE!" in the middle of Target.







That is so cute! I can't wait to have kids and listen to all the funny things they say and come up with. You just never know what's next do you?
ReplyDeleteGuys learn to say boobie around the same age, then we never stop saying it.
ReplyDeleteWow, now kids do say the darndest things!
ReplyDelete