This morning I kept Emersyn with me for a 1/2 day - we had so much fun, and it felt great to have a bit of normalcy return with her. We used to always do fun things on my days off and I have had a lot of guilt with that lately. She's now with her friends at her daycare home and having a blast - while I finish up laundry, closet organization, and the like.
Last Saturday, before things got chaotic, Emersyn had her first dance recital! How CUUUUTE it was! We have been in this Mommy & Me class since last fall, and she loved it. The concept of having such young kids in the dance recital was to get them used to performing on stage. The turnout was insane - there were hundreds and hundreds of people there watching the dancers on the big stage. Emersyn was starstruck! I was supposed to be up on stage with my tiny dancer, but we all know that wouldn't of been so gracious, so Emersyn danced with her instructor, Karen.
Their song was "Sunshine Day" by The Brady Bunch. Emersyn is the first one to come out from sidestage, and then dances on the very end, right hand side. Please excuse the drunk videographer. I was using my little Flip video and not paying attention to the screen too well :)
| She caught a glimpse of herself in the window reflection and started primping her hair.. 3 going on 13. |
![]() | ||
| (The picture of her dancing was actually from rehearsal the night prior - no flash photography allowed during the show. Boo.) |
But - my friend's father-in-law had a big professional camera and a huge zoom lens so he could take one without flash that they emailed me!
Seeing my baby girl up on the "big stage with all the lights" was really a bittersweet moment. Really? Where has my baby gone? She has grown into such a smart, caring, polite and smoochable little girl and she just melts my heart!
We are on a break from dance but will probably do a short session this summer for the next level of classes. The dance studio is literally a 5 minute walk from our house and would make a nice Tuesday morning stroll for the 3 of us on maternity leave :)
I hope that my next update might include some pregnancy progress. I mentally checked out of this game 2 days ago..it sounds so bad, but I did, and the boys now have my permission to arrive. I am carrying over 13 pounds of baby (estimated at yesterday's appointment!) and I am ready to be DONE!
I hope you're all having a nice, bright, Sunshine Friday!








She looks SO adorable in her little costume!! You are so blessed!
ReplyDeleteShe's such a doll! I love that they did Sunshine Day by Brady Bunch.. that song is totally in my head now. I love it! :)
ReplyDeleteLove her costume!!
ReplyDeleteOurs started out sunny and now is cloudy and rainy :(
ReplyDeleteIs she not the cutest little thing ever! Now aren't you glad you decided to let her be in the performance :)
She is sooo PRECIOUS.....nuf said!
ReplyDeleteHope you're still baking those babies! Or maybe not...I remember I wanted them OUT at this stage. ;-)
ReplyDeleteEmersyn is SO FREAKING cute!!!! I love her little costume!!
She is stinkin cute!!! Awwwwwhhh love her costume!! and her darling little face :) and of course her name! :)
ReplyDelete