Monday, January 10, 2011

The Difference Between Boys & Girls...

Miss Emersyn has been a crackup lately! (Not to fool anyone...she has also had a few naughty moments).

(Her 3rd year of swimming lessons started again this past Saturday)

I have decided that age 2.5 is hilarious! Emersyn has had so many things roll off her tongue that leaves us all in stitches.

One of her innocent subjects that is a repeat source of questions is her dads hair....or, lack thereof. If you remember the time she observed the wind outside, followed shortly by her first real thorough inspection of the top of dads head.

Of course, any 2-year old would assume where the hair went. She said his hair "blew off in the wind".

Seems logical!

Tonight, Travis and I were discussing our leaky bathroom faucet. We have a new one waiting to replace the leaky one and were discussing over supper that we would install it after bedtime. I said something about the water almost a continuous leak.

Emersyn chimed into the conversation...."Dad? How did your hair leaked out?"

She repeated it over and over until she got a satisfactory answer.

(Emersyn & Daddy, last week, with Travis' birthday cake!)


And, my all time favorite....it happened maybe 2 months ago now. I was making dinner one evening while Emersyn was playing in the living room next to the kitchen. Travis went to the bathroom...the door was closed, but not locked. Emersyn went barging in on him and had her first glimpse of how males go potty. She came running down the hallways as fast as she could.....came into the kitchen next to me, jumping up and down....

"Mommy! Daddy went potty...with his TAIL!!!"


I seriously could NOT stop laughing! By the time I was able to breathe again, Travis was out of the bathroom (completely mortified!) Emersyn looked at him and said..."Daddy? You have a tail?"

I blame it on the nurse in me, but we then had "the talk". She already knew what female anatomy is referred to, and learned that evening what male anatomy is correctly called.

Except, when a 2-year old says it, it's better known as a "peanut".

(I can never get enough of infant/toddler swimming suits!)

Speaking of, we will very soon find out the genders of Toot & Puddle! I am so excited!! We can then refer to "the babies" by name and Emersyn can bond with them in a different way. She is starting to tell strangers..."Gonna be a big sister for 2 babies" or else "Mommy has 2 babies in her tummy!".

It is so cute, and I often wonder just how much of it (if any) makes sense to her.

(Enjoying our day off last Friday!)


Before we find out the genders...cast your vote! Just click the graphic below, and it will take you to the game. There is a tab for Baby A and another one for Baby B.


(Just some background information, for what it's worth: Emersyn was 6 lb, 6 oz and 18.5 inches at 37.5 weeks!)

Have a fabulous week!

4 comments:

  1. This post just had my roommate and I dying with laughter....the part about daddy having a tail...total tear jerker! Gotta love what little ones say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice... he peed through a tail... bawhahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. With your busy life online classes are great.

    I'm a little slow out here on the west coast, but I just got the connection of Minnesota Twins and your having twins in MN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! hahahaha. i laughed hysterically at the going potty with his tail part!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!