Nope, no babies yet!
Early Sunday morning, I woke up about 3 AM feeling very blah, with contractions off and on. They never amounted to anything significant. I went back to bed, and woke up a couple hours later with more of the same. This went on all day. They weren't really painful, so I didn't pay a lot of attention...until they started becoming painful and more regular.
I called Labor/Delivery and of course, they had me come in. We took Emersyn with us because I honestly thought it'd be a quick in and out.
![]() |
| Very poor phone picture quality but I had to share what we thought was the last pic of mommy and Emersyn as an only child! |
I "slept" about 20 minutes last night, the contractions got worse and worse and more painful. This morning I found I had dilated to 3, then shortly after was at a 4. Things were moving along whether we wanted it to or not!
| Hold the gown shut - or your butt will show! |
Then...like magic...the contraction seemed to begin to let up. I think my oversized uterus was just DONE, to be honest. It worked and worked and worked and decided it needed a break. The contractions were no longer proving effective, and after about 5 hours of contracting without progression, I was discharged from Labor/Delivery and sent down the hall to Antepartum, where my pee jug and I will stay tonight.
| Travis was with me off and on between juggling Emersyn's needs - and avoiding the camera :) |
Maddox and Kellan were not at all phased by their stressful day - and handled this episode like true champs!
Momma, on the other hand, feels like she has been hit by a ton of bricks.
I was totally cheered up when Travis came in this afternoon with some mail from dear Syndal - aww. What a dollface she is!! Thank-you Syndal for the very thoughtful card and Target spree, which I guarantee will be in the future SOON!
Stay tuned!








So glad you are doing well and the babies are too! I hope you get a few more days too!
ReplyDeleteI was so excited to see this post in my reader.. I thought you had those sweet twins! I thought to myself, "Only Amber would be blogging right after giving birth!" Hahaha ;) I'm glad to hear everything is going good for you! you're in my thoughts girl! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYour in my thoughts and prayers!!! To the little guys..."stay put"!!
ReplyDeleteaww thanks for the blog love :)
ReplyDeleteHoping you get a restful night!
Praying for you and hoping those baby boys hold off a couple more weeks but we'll be awaiting and following your news. Love from your "cousins" in North Dakota.
ReplyDeleteHow many more days until week 35? Will be praying for safety for you and the babies! :)
ReplyDeleteWow. You're so close to meeting your boys!
ReplyDelete