Saturday, September 11, 2010

Youth Gone Wild!

Whew! What a night!

The 29th birthday anniversary celebration was an AWESOME time!

We bused one town over for Hairball. They are an 80's tribute band and they are amazing! Here are a few pics from their website to set the mood. They do set changes depending on which band they are paying tribute to. I don't think I have to explain who they are in each of the pics. They put on one heck of a show!




First, since I know you're dying to see how Travis' jeans turned out:
I actually threw them in the washer with all the bleach and then forgot about them. I went to classes all day, and came home to see one leg almost completely white. They were perfect for the event!

Our bus stopped at a couple little bars on our way to Hairball. Our bus itself was overflowing with booze and shots....shots shots shots shots shots. YIKES! We definitely pulled out our most immature behaviors for the night---but it sums up my 20's nicely. They were successful years on many levels, but also crazy irresponsible fun (in my early 20's anyways). I don't think I really matured though until age 27---when I had Emersyn.

I'll just post a handful of my favorites from the night. They really don't require explanation. The alcohol speaks! I'm just glad I ended the night differently than my hubby did on HIS 30th birthday/ party bus a few years ago. He missed the whole night after 10 PM. Oops. In that regards, I definitely call last night one big success!

There is one rule to viewing these photos: Don't judge. HA! I'm a lover of having a good time when it's reasonable. This was reasonable...birthday and one last hurrah now that I'm back in school and starting clinical in 4 days!

My hubby is always up for inappropriate photo opps. Those of you who know him, realize how hysterical this is. He is a quiet, somewhat reserved guy. Last night Travis ran into a guy from one of his fantasy football leagues. The guy didn't even recognize Travis, and asked me if Travis had some secret life no one knew about, as the last thing he would expect would be to see him wearing such attire on the weekends, headbanging, and shotgunning beers. People thought his mullet was real. He had many random people caress his mullet throughout the night. He had to take the mullet off at one point to prove that it was fake hair! That wig has been through many a theme party and is always a crowd favorite.


I was really excited that Heather joined us. She just gave birth 6 weeks ago--she is truly an amazing friend! I am so blessed to have met her the 2nd weekend we lived in Minnesota.
Scott's rocker look was hysterical! He had people requesting photos with him, I seriously think many thought he was with the band.
My friend Emily. I met her at our nursing orientation back in 2007. She's from Detroit. She and Mike recently moved back to Minnesota after living in Los Angeles for one year. I love having her back with us!
We did 80's album cover shots. (Don't ask!)
This is my friend Michelle. I met her at NDSU--she played basketball and I was their athletic trainer that year. This was my pre-RN days....long ago....we have kept in touch ever since. She is awesome and one amazing friend!


Yes, we stepped WAY back into our 20's and shotgunned beers. It wasn't the most responsible decision I have ever made, but it brought back some good memories! Travis couldn't get his all shotgunned so he cheated a little and drank through the can opening....well we all did....16 ouncers are NOT a good choice to shotgun! Duh.

Michelle turns 30 exactly 2 weeks after me, so we had shots that were a spinoff of a Chuck Norris.

Rocking out! We only had a couple casualties that didn't make it on our return bus ride. It's a good thing for in-laws who live close by when waiting for the bus to go back home is no longer a reality.


This picture is pure greatness. Matt and April, the couple in the front, are our neighbors. Emersyn stayed the night at their house with their 2-year old and April's sister babysitting. Emersyn's first sleepover! Matt and April are a great couple and we had a lot of fun with them!
This is a sure giveaway that age 30, vs. 21, is involved. I just had to take a pic when I saw this lineup on the bar table!

After that night, it might not need to be said that we had a really lazy, low-key Saturday. Save for a headache cured by Tylenol, I felt surprisingly well.

Goodbye, 20's! You were a great memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, make my day!