- My Mayo Clinic diet . Remember that? (and the fact that I gave myself a mulligan last week and will be repeating this week. Ugh!)
- Emersyn's first dance class (and the fact that she terrorized the other little kids there. This is so unlike my child, and I draw a big ol' question mark when trying to figure out what her deal was. She's my little dancing queen and practices around our house, insisting to wear her "dance dress" and "dancin' shoes". Apparently she doesn't believe in participating, but really believes in screaming at the top of her lungs while the other kids (try) and ignore the shrill screaming to have fun themselves! Here she is tonight, practicing up for her next class on Tuesday. Little stinker taunts me with her binky.
- I am putting on my most professional attire tomorrow to go to orientation at the clinic I will be acting as a student Family Nurse Practitioner once per week. (No, I am not doing my clinical at Mayo. I work primary care at Mayo and I grasp their system---seeing another system and whole new set of policy/procedures will be a wonderful experience. I will do my last year of clinical at Mayo…well, that is the plan anyways!) Talk about big changes at age 30---literally, right at age 30. I was born at 8:24 AM. My orientation starts at 8:30 AM!
That is my short list of things I want to accomplish in bloggy world. Now into the real world…
I'm going to link up with The Undomestic Momma for Top 2 Tuesday and talk about things I want to accomplish by the end of this year---ahem---not that far off! Eeek!
- Maintain a better family/life/work balance. I allowed things to become too unbalanced last fall, my first semester of grad school, and it was really stressful on my whole family. Cutting back to ¾ of full-time student status is THEE best decision of my life and I am confident that will help immensely in my mission to better balance Travis, Emersyn, working 3 days/week, school, and still managing to stay sane.

- See #1 at the top of the screen. Still striving to lose the weight that I have been pulling around since beginning school last fall. See what grad school does to a person? It is responsible for everything on my list this Top 2 Tuesday. Grrr.
So, on my 30th birthday eve, I'm going to share a video that I just love. It's a great reminder that we are only as old as we feel. Take 2 seconds and watch this video. Guaranteed to make you smile! This is a couple who has been married for 62 years. The man is nearly 90 when this video was recently taken at Mayo Clinic. There are a couple of pianos in the lobbies of certain buildings. It's great because there is always music filling the air. This couple ROCKED IT! I wish I was walking through that lobby on my break that particular day!









AWESOME VIDEO!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck at your goals, although you look fabulous as you are!
Happy Birthday darlin!
ohhh and my future daughter in law looks darlin! She's practicin her lungs so she can keep my son in line some day! Obviously!!
I like your goals, I'm sure you will accomplish them by the end of the year.
ReplyDeleteThat video was awesome, they were really good. He almost took her out though when they switched places, haha.
Hope you have a wonderful Birthday!! :)
Happy Birthday! :)
ReplyDeleteLove your daughter's name - and I think she'll love dance class, I also did as a kid.