Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Hate Knowing

I hate knowing that some day, my sweet Emersyn Olivia is going to protest the cute little piggy tails she now dons.


I hate knowing that tonight, my baby wasn't very well behaved at dance class. Once again.

I hate that we only see this naughty side of her while at class, but I love that she still seems to enjoy what she learns at her classes and brings her new skills on home.

I hate that I feel so foreign when she is behaving like that. I don't know how to deal with it and sometimes I don't deal with it right at all. I get frustrated when she is screaming at the top of her lungs for no reason other than the fact that she can't run around doing whatever she wants.

Why does she do that, anyways? (The naughty part, I mean)

I hate that today, we have received nearly 10 inches of rain, and parts of SE Minnesota have been declared a state of emergency by our governor.


I hate that the rain still hasn't stopped.

I hate knowing....

I hate knowing that earlier today, as I had a very nice patient encounter with a sweet as pie lady, I knew a secret about her. One that she didn't yet know.

One that only her doctor, the pathologist, God, and I knew at that moment.

I hate that I knew she had cancer the entire time we were face to face today.

I love that I had such a great visit with her and she told me how happy I made her.

I hate knowing that very soon, she will be presented with a treatment plan. Her world will be flipped upside down.

I hate that as part of my chosen career, one that I love, I will have to be the one to break this news to sweet people like the one today.

I hate that cancer happens. Period.

I really hate that cancer has to happen to children.

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month.


Pray for all the Little Angels like Jensen and Emily Paige and Aisylin Grace and Degen and Layla Grace and many, many others.

Pray for those still fighting, like little Zeb and Ylaria and
Kaylee and many, many others.

I hate that so many families have similar stories.

Sending lots and lots of love out to hose affected by the flooding, and those affected by cancer today.

On a much HAPPIER note-----WOW!!!

101!!!!!!!!

I am so thrilled---I broke 100 followers!!

Welcome, newbies! Drop me a line if you haven't already. Love hearing from you all! :)

I am really not sure how 101 people find my little upside down, crazy, chaotic life interesting enough to follow, but it tickles me 101 shades of pink!

So I always thought IF I broke 100 followers before I had 100 posts, I would do a giveaway at my 100th post.

It will probably be the only giveaway of my life because I have nothing that exciting (besides this item!) that comes to mind.

I am almost to 100 posts.

The giveaway is going to be..........well I know.......but I will make you not know for awhile.

This week is wrapping up. All I can say is....TGIF!
Happy Friday, my loves!

7 comments:

  1. :))

    em is sooo cute! She is going to make such a great dil!

    yay for breaking 100 followers!

    and..

    make sure I win your giveaway!

    mmkay!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooklyn is already starting to pull out her piggies and she is only 13 months. I hate cancer too.....

    and yay for 101 followers!! Your amazing. And I want to win the giveaway too!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been watching the rain out west on the weather channel... I hope it stops for you all soon!!!
    Thanks for sharing so much about what's happening with your life - it's interesting, and I love reading.

    Congrats on breaking 100!!! Looking forward to your giveaway!

    P.S. the zebra bows in Emersyn's pigtails are SO CUTE!!!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is an absolutely sweet ballerina! It's ok if she acts up every once in a while, right? As long as she learns :) Little girls in ballerina outfits are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute piggy tails... My Kenley throws the biggest tantrums, all the time, and now she is in Kindergarten and seems to be doing a little better (maybe the structure and going to the big kid school) I can hardly stand it at all... grrrrr! Holy Moly rain!! now those are some huge puddles to jump in!! Hope it stops raining crazy soon!! TGIF
    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bows are so cute! Love the pigtails. My girls are just starting to protest- 6 and 5 years old.

    New follower from Fun Follow Friday

    http://bethscoupondeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the photos! And I just had Brennen's first tumble class and I had your experience! He was sooo naughty until I finally just let him run b/c I couldn't have him screaming. One mommy was very nice though and said she went through it too. Sorry about your sadness of the nice lady, but you're going to be a great NP!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!