But first things first, this is too great to NOT share!
Last week, as I was looking at the online version of the Fargo Forum, I noticed on the sidebar of the "most read articles", an article titled "Wang-DeCock".
I did a double take to be sure the name of the website I was on really was the Fargo Forum and I hadn't floated onto some...ahem...website about male anatomy.
I clicked on the article.
It was an engagement announcement!
Now, some of you know what my maiden name is. You know that I cannot for one second talk about anyone with a "bad" last name, because mine was....well...not such an appealing name either. Kind of. It was a fine name when pronounced correctly, and a really crappy name when not pronounced correctly. (Some of you get that little inside joke!)
It wasn't pronounced correctly the vast majority of the time.
I didn't mind though! It was a fun last name to joke around about, and no one ever forgot me once they met me. It was a unique name and one that I can admit that I really miss from time to time.
But it still has a hard time topping the Wang-DeCock unity.
I realize in times like this, how my sense of humor is on the immature side, but I couldn't stop laughing when I read this article and the bride said that her brother's name is Peder.
Peder Wang.
I think Peder Wang's parents must of been wang-chunging on some happy leaves the day they came up with that idea.
You can check out the engagement here.
And a follow-up story in the paper about the popularity of this announcement here.
Everybody Wang-DeCock Tonight!







So freakin funny! lol! Seen that you posted that on facebook! I died!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA!!! Going to check out the engagement story NOW!
ReplyDeletehaha... nice! yeah my immaturity would have come out too, but it's ok to laugh every now and again!
ReplyDeleteHahaha, that's hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI always said I would never marry a man with an awful last name, but I guess you can't help who you love.
This is hilarious!! I love hearing funny/unfortunate name changes. :)
ReplyDelete