---------------------------------
And then one day….he said it…
"Thanks for giving me a fake phone number. It was some old man who answered".
----------------------------------------
Of course, I had no clue what Travis was talking about. So what do I do when I'm clueless?
I smiled and pretended it wasn't me responsible for this.
"It must be a number from someone else…I didn't give you my number" I said…you know, to lead Travis to believe that I really wouldn't care if some other woman was hot on his tail.
And then he did it…
He pulled a piece of paper out of his wallet with a phone number written in what I would hardly call handwriting. Plus, it wasn't my number.
It obviously wasn't from me. Whew!
Then, he turned it over…and there, in the corner of the paper, was my name and address.
Yep, it was written on one of MY bank deposit slips. No denying this one!
I apparently gave him my number the night of my 21st. Except, it was nearly illegible and it was a combination of my cell number and landline. And I didn't remember doing this at all.
Oops!
Travis tried to call me shortly after my birthday. The number he had was for some old man.
Oops!
I was mortified and apologized over and over….then gave him my real number.
He called shortly after that and we hung out a few times, but it was nothing serious. We were friendly, but it didn't seem like it was going anywhere.
We lost touch for about 1 ½ years…..until….
My friend Leslie and I went out for a couple Happy Hour drinks one Thursday night in May 2003. We had dinner and then were ready to go home. It was still early, about 10:30, so we decided to go to Ladies Night at another bar. This involved $5 all you can drink for the night.
The first guy I saw upon entering was Travis…in his softball uniform, with his whole softball team. I didn't make it past his table the rest of the night.
Travis is, by nature, a somewhat reserved guy. I am NOT a reserved girl. It's true that opposites attract! We talked all night long…or at least I did. We caught up on the 1 ½ years we weren't really in touch…I had to be sure he wasn't dating anyone.
He wasn't.
I wasn't.
We made plans to go to dinner and a movie shortly after that.
I remember it very plain as day---we went to Applebees. He ordered a Cajun steak and I don't know what I got. I talked nonsensical most of the date…I was nervous! We went to see The Italian Job afterwards and then went back to Travis' apartment.
In the 1 1/2 years in between, I'm not sure what it was that changed.
We hung out more and more that summer, and eventually he began introducing me as his girlfriend.
Six months later, I moved in with Travis. We were engaged in October 2004, after dating for about 1 ½ years.
The engagement:
October 5, 2004 we were engaged. I was getting into bed for the night and noticed Travis got up a couple of times. He brushed his teeth twice. I didn't think a thing of it other then his breath must of really stunk that day. Now I realize he was pacing, nervous, and getting ready to pop the question!
He told me he got me a puppy, because I'd been wanting one. I laughed and said "yeah right". He pulled out a stuffed black lab.
I was all, "awww, he's cute! What should we name him?" and Travis told me to look on the collar, the dog was already named.
And there it was! The bling!
I was really surprised! He picked out my ring all on his own. He knew that I preferred gold wedding rings over silver. And that was about it.
He asked me to be his wife. It was about 11 PM. I called my parents, he called his parents. We were both so excited!
We got married June 18, 2005 after being together about 2 years.
We have been dancing on through life since.I can hardly believe we have now been together over 7 years! Time goes by sooo fast!
---------------------------------------------------------
I guess it's a good thing I fessed up to the illegible, wrong phone number.
Thanks, Nicole, for the question! The other questions are on the way---soon!







hahaha that's awesome! I think one of my fave parts is the phone number, the combo of cell and land! That's classic!
ReplyDeleteYour wedding pictures are awesome! That is a gorgeous shot of the back (the first one). Very pretty!