Friday, September 3, 2010

Gap Jeans (awesome deal!) and Friday Fave!

TGIF. I cannot say it enough today, even though part of me wants to NOT wish these last few days of freedom away. So bummed that classes start next week!

I just have to share a secret! Last night I went to The Gap to use a Groupon deal I got a few weeks back. I paid $25 for $50 of credit to The Gap with the Groupon deal of the day. 50% savings! I used that certificate toward a new pair of jeans last night, marked at $59.95. I planned on spending another $10, for a total $35 -- a pretty good deal for my favorite jeans!

I went to pay and the jeans rung up at just $35! They were all on sale and I didn't even know it---the cashier didn't even know it! There were signs all over about the dress pants on sale for $35, but it also said the sale excluded jeans. Well not these jeans I guess!


So I got 2 pairs of my favorite jeans from The Gap, the Long and Lean style, for just $20 last night, along with the $50 Groupon that I paid $25 for---$45 total for 2 pairs and I saved about $75!

You can't go wrong there!

Okay now linking up with Jen for her topic today--what's your favorite jewelry?
Obviously, my wedding ring but we can't use that one. I don't wear jewelry as much as I would like to...maybe it's lack of time in the mornings. My most treasured piece is a pearl necklace that belonged to my grandmother.
I wear it only for special occasions.

We're packing up our crew early tomorrow morning for a trek back to Fargo. A highschool classmate of mine is getting married, and I am so excited to see my old friends! Then on Sunday, off to my parents' town, where we have another wedding. I will be weddinged out--until October when I am a bridesmaid for my friends wedding! Whew!

TGIF! (And have a great holiday weekend!)

6 comments:

  1. Pretty pearl necklace! Have a great time @ the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing to see if I can comment finally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It worked! Now I am commenting on your past entries that I have to comment on..like the North Dakota one. Enjoy your weekend in Fargo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting... I am now following yours and looking forward to reading more of your stuff. The picture at the top of your blog is sooo adorable. She's gorgeous!
    All the best,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of your great deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the heads up on the GAP jeans price. I headed into to the mall and got a pair. (I had also ordered a pair online and will be returning them once they arrive as the price is higher.)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!