I made a promise to my daughter prior to grad school that I'd never let her take the backseat to anything. On my days off, when at all possible, I keep her home with me. She is very reliable for about a 3-hour nap each afternoon. I can usually get something decent accomplished during that time...homework, housework, etc. We do something fun on these days...the zoo, the park, etc.
Today's morning o' fun: The House of Bounce!
Emersyn loves the HoB, and they offer Toddler Time from 9 to noon each day. Last time we were there, I came out sweating bullets after the workout my 2-year old made mandatory.When I say that I let nothing come before Emersyn on our days off, I mean it. I rolled out of bed because she beat me to it, threw on some good bouncing clothes, pulled my hair back, fed Emersyn, threw the dishes in the dishwasher, and we were off!
The Bouncers:
The ball is kept up by air coming out of that little cone. It's actually part of a baseball air game.
Except we don't believe in using anything for its intended purpose.
Poop break!
After we were both all bounced out, I brought my very sleepy 2-year old home for nap.
Remember that 3-hour nap I first told you about? I was planning on having that time to get my stuff caught up. Plus it was a gorgeous day out, perfect shorts and a t-shirt afternoon.
Thanks to my White Trash Neighbor (WTN), who decided to build what I would call a small barn in his backyard this summer (kiddy-corner from us), that 3-hour nap was cut to 20 minutes! Emersyn was out as soon as I laid her down. Then...I hear this pounding.
And pounding.
And pounding.
I looked out the back window, and see WTN taking advantage of the nice day.
With a hammer.
But no nails! He was randomly pounding on the side of this gigantic shed with a big hammer. For no obvious reason.
I was thisclose to going out and turning the hammer on him. I was so annoyed.
He woke Emersyn up. I thought she might fall back asleep.
I was wrong.
I heard a lot of fake sneezing going on in the monitor. It made me laugh! What a player!! She gets a "Bless You!" whenever she sneezes.
Maybe fake sneezing would mean I'd go "bless her" and get her out?
I ran to get my camera to video it. It was hilarious!
By the time I got my camera, the sneezes had turned to a desperate cry for help.
Listen for yourself.
I rescued my munchkin after her sweet plea for help and we proceeded to make Smores Cookies.
I got the recipe idea from Southern in the City. I am a new follower---food gets me every time!
Are you wondering how my diet plan is going? Well, so am I! I had a really, really terrible week. I need to pull back on track, like yesterday.
But, we will worry about that one tomorrow! For today, I am thankful for bouncing time with my babe, nap times cut short by WTN to allow for hearing that sweet plea for help, and Smores cookies.

Thank-you, Miss Emersyn, for a great day! I love you, little 'moochie face!

PS--Check out Welcome Wednesday!







Your daughter is SO PRECIOUS!!! :) I'm so glad you liked the s'mores cookies, they are amazing!
ReplyDeleteHi Amber,
ReplyDeleteGood to see you on Welcome Wednesday blog hop! My blog, “Inspire!” has inspiring messages about family, faith and the human spirit. You are welcome to stop by!
http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/
Wow I wish I could look that good just rolling out of bed!!! :)
ReplyDeleteand how sweet is your daughter!
Your daughter is adorable...and those cookies look delicious!
ReplyDeleteWe have a place similar to the HoB here and my almost 2 year old LOVES it too! It's the best place to take her to get her energy out!
ReplyDeleteSMORES COOKIES? Um, hello!! Where've you been my whole life?
ReplyDeleteI'm your newest follower!
Kristin
Keenly Kristin
Hee hee hee! I am loving the "heeeelp!" She is a smart cookie, that one!
ReplyDeleteThat little plea of help was so cute! :)
ReplyDeleteThose smore cookies look so yummy! I'll have to try them out
Oh my darling litte girl you have!! I love love LOVE her name!! so cute! My sister's name is Emery and she has always wanted to name (her future child) Emerson or Emersyn... Love it!
ReplyDeletethose cookies look wonderful! mmm mmm mmm
following you from Welcome Wednesday
Have a wonderful day!
Kelly from kellylundkids.blogspot.com
omg, your daughter is one of the cutest little girls ever! You are blessed :-)
ReplyDelete