None of those job descriptions requires "decorating" to be a skill.
I love to decorate and I love putting an effort into my house. The problem is, that I didn't inherit my mom's eye for decorating (seriously, she rocks it....I need her to come work some magic!)
We have lived in this house for 3 years. It is 7 years old, so it's not old by any means, but at the same time I have realized I have done very little to it in the lines of decorating since we moved in. It is starting to feel "old" because I have stared at these same decorations, many of them wedding gifts, for over 5 years now.
This past weekend, I decided that it was time to give our home a little hint of fall.
Nothing major.
Now here is where I need color suggestions. This is a picture of our upstairs living room. It is usually cluttered with toys...you know, on the couch, floor, and end tables...but for now we will pretend it always looks like this. Oh except this picture is terrible and taken when it was dark, so everything looks gothic. It's really not. It's a deep red/wine color and it is my favorite wall in the house. The other wall is a rich khaki color. They go very well together, despite what the picture tells you. The pics with the flash made the wall look pink, which was worse than having a dark one to show.
See the picture hung over the couch? I just put it there yesterday. I need something on either side of it and I need suggestions for which accent color to add to this situation?
So, you decorating pros, let's hear it! Go bold, with a dramatic color to accent? Or stick with my tried and true favorites? Shelves? Hangings? Take it down completely?
My apologies this post was selfish. I have a thousand blog updates to read and comment on! I am so just...overwhelmed. I have 9 billion things to do before we go back to North Dakota next week! I am in one of my BFF's wedding, and I am so excited! I just have a lot to do before that. So why am I blogging right now?

PS: The white things on the end tables are foam corner protectors. We haven't had any split open foreheads and I credit these for a few saves!







I could see oranges looking pretty there, but that would make it very fallish. Yellow would look good too
ReplyDeleteI suck at decorating too!
ReplyDeleteBUTTTTT
my real comment is this...
are you stopping in Sauk centre to meet me on the way to nd?
you better!
or on the way back?
I WANT TO MEEET YOUUUUUU!!!
Have you thought of two iron wall decor or candle sconces?
ReplyDeleteI found some cute ones at TJMaxx/Homegoods before and at Hobby Lobby that weren't too expensive. It could balance that area out.