Monday, April 4, 2011

miscellany monday - special week/spandex version!

I really heart Mondays.  My excuse to blog very randomly.
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

<1>  giddy excited for this week!
It's a special one for many reasons.  My baby turns 3 on Sunday!  Really---3??!!  Her special celebration is on Saturday, and she could NOT be more excited to party with her friends.  I just might be more excited than her though!??  On her actual birthday, she's hanging with her parental units....like she has the past 3 years.  I love making her real birthday only about our little family - such a special day!
Where or where has the time gone?
 Also, Emersyn's grandma and grandpa will be in town all week!  My mom is having knee surgery (boo!) but Emersyn thinks it's a great reason to have even more special attention this week!  She just loves spending time with them!  Emersyn and Grandma are birthday girls together - my mom's birthday is the day before Em's!

And the third reason why I am stinkin' excited this week--we have an OB appointment on Thursday with a growth ultrasound.  I'm curious to see if these boys are in the 100th percentile--because it sure feels like they are!  Ha!

<2>  bliss.  seriously, bliss!
 My "mother's helper" started on Saturday.  I big huge pink heart love her!  I can't describe the feeling of relief those few hours gave me.  We went and ran errands, had lunch, and came home to a sparkly clean home.  Next time she comes, she will make and freeze meals to have on hand after the twins arrive. In addition to sparkly cleaning my house again.  And whatever else I may need by that point in pregnancy and life....which may be a tall order.

<3>  the downfall to gorgeous weather...
With temps in the 60's this weekend and no snow in sight for over a week, I am happy. However...

Our neighbor across the street has a hangup with....um......spandex.  He emerged today in full body armor.  For a family bike ride.  Ack!

Yes.  You read that right.  I am rather convinced spandex is one of the worst fashion statement.  Ever.  I should look on the bright side and realize that spandex on this neighbor is much better than on, say, our 60 year old neighbor.  Spandex Loving Neighbor is a workout freak so flab-under-spandex is not the offender.  I just wish he would choose different gear...I mean....the whole neighborhood really does not wish to see the outline of a man's package.  Truly. 
um...excuse me while I go vom.
 I really had forgotten how nice it was not to see spandex-clad neighbors over the last few months.  Spandex-unfriendly winters really do serve a good purpose.

<4>  i've got bump envy!
I feel like I am growing a new bump off to the right.  Not only is my bump big--now becoming lopsided.  Kellan (Baby B) has decided that the right side is thee place to be.  I feel his head almost directly below my armpit, right where my ribs end.  It is extremely awkward and freaking uncomfortable!

<5>  who you callin' a cow?
I don't know how the topic got brought up this afternoon, but my hubby gave me a "farm quiz".  He teases me for growing up on a farm but being stupid about all things related.  I was 0-3 on his test.  Hey, I worked at Perkins throughout high school!   I mean really...did you know that sunflowers are measured in "pounds" (my guess was bushels--I thought that was intelligent??) and that a female baby calf is called a "heifer" up until it has a baby of it's own?  That's confusing to me.  I would prefer to apply the medical descriptions of "nulliparous" and "uniparous" in describing these animals.  My mind grasps that much easier. And as a side note, I will soon move from "uniparous" to "multiparous" in my medical chart.  Go me.

Doesn't that sound better than graduating from a "heifer" to a "cow"?
Okay but they are super cute!
 
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Spandex. Your right a horrible fashion on most people.

    Some people really need reality checks, because once the weather gets nice around the country everyone who rides a bike thinks they can ride and be like Lance Armstrong if they wear spandex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from Mingle Monday! Wow your spandex picture totally sucked me in, I had to come check out your blog!! Super funny that your neighbor wears spandex when he rides. I must admit I wear cycling shorts when I ride too, but I don't have a man package to outline, so I guess it's alright, yeah? Hope your OB appointment goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um.... to me I like the heifer to calf thing... but I was an ag major... LOL. That's why when refering to people you don't like and you call them a heifer, if they have kids, maybe they should be a cow ;) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!