Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bump it UPdate! - Week 30

Week:  30!  Days are big.  Weeks are huge.  I am so thankful to have cleared one more week!  (One week of bedrest down - hopefully several to go!)
 
Weight Gain: Odd.  At my appointment this morning, I found out I lost 5 lbs. since one week ago.  I am now +35 lbs overall.  I had my appetite back in a HUGE way this past week and have been eating around the clock.  I thought the chocolate shakes and cheesecake indulgences would of put me at +5 pounds this week alone---not negative!

What I miss:  The hardest part is no longer being able to do what I want with Emersyn.  It's really tough and it makes me so sad.  She goes to daycare during the day while I lay on the couch.  She comes home---and I am still laying on the couch.  She is a little confused by it to say the least!  I miss her bedtimes, though I am doing it tonight.  I miss picking her up and tossing her in the air.   We do a lot of couch time together and sometimes I lay on the floor with her.

{Emersyn wanted to pose for a "belly pic" today also.  Yes, my husband has been getting her ready lately.  Yes, that is a pajama shirt she is wearing.  Yes, her hair is uncombed.  Yes, this pic was taken on the way out the door. Oh well!}
What I love:  Tums. Parachute sized maternity undies that don't cut into big bellies.  Wearing slippers to go out in public.  Imagining my babies--what will they look like?  Will they look similar?  What will their personalities be like?

What I hate:  The unknown.  The possibilities.  When will this all take place?

The Babies: They are doing great!  At my appointment this morning, we could see their breathing movements.  Their chests are rising and falling as they take practice breaths, gearing up for the outside world, which is hopefully at least 4 weeks away for them!  They are packing on fat and growing a lot---and I can tell by the stretching I can feel!


The Bump: Is very very obvious!  Here we are this morning before my appointment. I got ready as I was laying flat on the couch.  Have you ever tried to straighten your hair while flat?  I gave up after that and didn't attempt makeup application.  Yes, it is scary.


{large and in charge}

The Genders: TWO BOYS!!

Maddox James (Baby A) 

Mellow Maddox

and 

Kellan Thomas (Baby B!)

Krazy Kellan!
So, in summary, this past week revealed that I have had a few changes but overall we are stable, according to my appointment this morning.  This is great news---the past 2 weeks we have been "maintaining" which is the goal for now!  The doctor assured me that in "worst case scenario", if I were to deliver TODAY--the boys would do well and would go on to be healthy, normal babies.  I will keep on keeping on...every day they stay in cuts back on NICU time. 

Bake, babies......bake!


2 comments:

  1. yay! great post! you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion you are doing very well... considering! You still look amazing! Emersyn is still a doll! One time Daddy showed up with our little one to a doctors appt in FULL pj's... he claimed he didn't know they were pj's! MEN!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!