{1} give me chocolate, and nobody gets hurt!
All it took was one bite of a chocolate covered strawberry at Easter brunch, and Emersyn was hooked...![]() |
| If there was ever a question as to who this child belongs to, here is your easy answer. She eats chocolate in a similar , demonic fashion as her mother! |
{2} Easter traditions
What stands out to me about Easter from my childhood, is the tradition to put on a pretty Easter dress and go to church. We did just that this morning, and it felt good to Except there were no pretty Easter dresses for this momma!
| (Yes, it did require all the strength of my hubby to help me off that low step) |
{3} for the horny goat in us all
Um, WHAAAT?!?! I was the "group leader" for a cardiac case study in one of my classes this past week. I learned about an herbal drug called Horny Goat Weed. Any guesses as to what Horny Goat Weed might be used for?![]() |
| If Horny Goat Weed won't cut it....there's SUPER Horny Goat Weed! |
{4} a left-side story
Fetal perfusion is best achieved with momma laying on her left side. I have assumed this position when lying down for the entire pregnancy, and being on bedrest has given me a whole new twist on my left-side story. Today, as I glanced toward my feet, bursting out in tears crossed my mind. It should be impossible for a body to stretch this much. My left-side story is very wide....and getting boring! {5} creepy, nasty Easter Bunny
Emersyn is just getting old enough to "get" the Easter Bunny concept. We have a terrible nighttime binky habit that I have just been too lazy to tackle at the moment. Last night, I told her that the Easter Bunny called and suggested she leave him her binkies, so that he could take them to a little baby who needs them. I wanted to see how she reacted. NOT WELL. She laid on the floor screaming with huge tears down her cheeks. Sobbing. I felt terrible and decided I didn't want the thought of E.B. to traumatize her, so I "undid" what I told her. Later, I overheard Travis as he was helping her in the bathroom. (We are deep in the heart of potty training...and he was also using the E.B. card to our advantage to get her to sit longer on the potty) I know it came out completely WRONG, but I heard..."The Easter Bunny is watching to make sure you're being good, and he likes to watch little girls go potty".So Emersyn went to bed completely thinking the E.B. was not only a thief, but a real pervert.
Good thing she forgave him the next morning when she discovered her basket full of goodies!
| And Nacho...just because he is cute! (Ignore the mess in the background...that's my bedrest camp!) |
6. {love}
I will very soon have my hands on one of these...![]() |
| (....come to momma) |












You're totally random today, and I love it! Horny Goat Weed... WOW. Thanks for passing on that info!
ReplyDeleteHope your weekend was fabulous - sounds like you're taking it easy, I'm so excited for you! The pics are cute and your outfit is wonderful for Easter! By the way, the layout is awesome! I love the header!
aw I love it! that photo of Em is amazing! haha..
ReplyDeleteand yes-I looked up horny goat weed as well!
Hang in there momma-you're almost there! Looking forward to "seeing" you this week!
One of my moms top sellers at her int'l food store is horny goat tea...lovely! :) haha!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, you're daughter is adorable! And I think that it's pretty hilarious how your husband got her to use the bathroom...
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm glad you got to go to church this weekend! And I hope you had a wonderful Easter with your fmaily.
xoxo,
Joelle
www.wherewelove.blogspot.com
I couldn't imagine just being a family of 3 for Easter... but I live in the same town I grew up in... LOL...
ReplyDeleteAnd you'll LOVE LOVE LOVE that camera!
That first pic of E is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteYou guys look presh going to church!
Um, Horny Goat Weed? What a name! Learn something new everyday! ;)
I LOL'd about Travis making the Easter Bunny out to be a total perv!!
Thanks for the advice about figuring out what I want to do with my life---I appreciate it! Glad you had a wonderful Easter with your lovely family! BTW, your daughter has the most adorable name! P.S. You'll love the Canon Rebel. Totally worth it.
ReplyDelete