----------------------------------
I'm not sure I can relate to the term "exhaustion" anymore. It seems too light for how I would describe life lately.
It's really awesome when your nearly 3-year old daughter randomly will say "I'm exhausted!". Hmmm I wonder where she has heard that one recently?
School is, in a sense, winding down. I can say that because I am nearly done with my clinical rotations for this semester. I will not be back in clinical until January 2012 after this! I'm taking the fall semester off of clinical as I feel I will be doing a lot of Peds clinical rotations right from the comforts of home--ha! I will have just 8 (7?) credits this fall and my usual working 3 days per week at Mayo. Plus 2 babies and a 3-year old. I am not so sure the exhaustion will let up, in, oh.....the next 18 years?
With school "winding down" for the semester comes tons of deadlines. Ones that I don't feel I can finish. Because of this overwhelming exhaustion. It would help if usual sleeping hours didn't need to be filled with homework, quizzes, etc.
I feel buried but this too shall pass...it always does.
At my recent glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes, I had some routine pregnancy blood tests drawn. Two infiltrated IV's and 3 venipunctures later, I know that my hemoglobin is low. I'm anemic. That really helps with the overwhelming exhaustion, ya know? Iron supplements aren't easy to take, so my doctor has elected not to treat me just yet. The stomach side effects of iron tablets, at this point in the game when I'm already nauseated and trying my best to consume enough calories for all 3 of us, aren't worth it. So---I need to suck it up.
And eat a big fat steak
If steak were appealing to me, that'd be great!
The good news is that I did pass my 3-hour glucose test! Woop woop! I was
I don't need my babies to go hypoglycemic on top of everything else that could be thrown our way. No thanks!
I now dismiss myself to go bask in
Does anyone have any really great knock-out remedies for sleep? That do not involve overindulgence of alcohol?? HA!!
I'm too exhausted to sleep!









Don't you hate when the point of exhaustion hits that you can't sleep! I've never had it being pregnant because I've never been pregnant but I've been that exhausted before just on normal day to day matters :)
ReplyDeletewell i can't pretend to give you advice on getting good sleep while being pregnant, BUT I know this has worked for me recently as someone who has had issues with sleep-I am on as much of a schedule/routine as I can all week long, and spend the last hour before bed not looking at any screens (phone, computer, tv) and it has helped me fall asleep and stay asleep soooo much better.
ReplyDeleteI had plenty of tips brewing in my head, but then I realized I couldn't give you any of them because you're PREGNANT.. haha! Sometimes, I'll take a really hot shower, and that relaxes me and makes me sleepy and lay in bed and read until my eyes are so sleepy. Hope you can get some sleep before those baby boys get here! <3
ReplyDelete