some people hate monday’s. I don’t…it’s miscellany monday! stand up and shout!
{1} string bean
Emersyn had her 3-year wellness visit today! She just loves going to the doctor. I wish all my little patients in clinical would like it as much as her. Sometimes I feel like I’m playing a game of hide-and-seek trying to playfully lure my little patients out from behind the exam table, their momma’s leg, or more recently—from out of the under-sink cabinet in the exam room. Emersyn is a string bean! She is 30.5 lbs and 39 inches, which placed her 50% on weight and 87% on height, 20% overall stature. I was never built that way. Ever. And neither was/is Travis. We are both tall (I’m just a hair under 5’10” and he is 6’4”) but we both have the…um…proportions and have never been called string beans.
{2} deadlines are merely suggestions...
It stinks when you realize less than 24-hours before a deadline, that an 8-page paper on “disruptive innovation” is due. Gag me with a spoon. I had April 30th due date emblazed in my mind. It’s sobering to realize on April 16th that the due date is actually 24 hours away. There were a few lot of four-letter words involved. I got it done but it was an hour late. Deal with it.
{3} the pre-snore
Remember how I told you Travis had been exiled to the couch for his ridiculous snoring? He enjoyed the couch for over 2 months. About 2 weeks ago, he came back to our bed. I am still not sure it was a great idea, as my quality of sleep has taken a plunge. But with all these pregnancy changes, I thought having him in an arm’s reach vs. hollering at the top of my lungs above his snoring was a wise choice. I’m not yet convinced. He yearns for the couch again…the couch didn’t hit him with a pillow hourly to “stop the pre-snore”. A restless spouse is good at determining when snoring is on the horizon. A sleeping spouse loves getting attacked pre-snore and being told to shut up. It’s a win-win for everyone.
![]() |
| {it's just not in my cards} |
{4} 44 days and 43 nights..
If I do not go into labor before 44 days, I would be one happy momma! That would make me 36 weeks which is the goal with twins. I am dreaming big and thinking positive! June 2nd. This is the ultimate goal. Until then, I am taking it week by week…and staring at the ceiling in the meantime.
{5} spring, where art thou?
It’s rainy and gloomy in Minnesota this week. Last week we were pushing 80. This week we are to be in the 50’s. Kiss my buns, weatherman. Kiss em. This calls for a tribute to sunny days…
happy miscellany monday, my lovelies!














Oh my gosh! My husband is an awful snorer, too, and it is so annoying. I wish I had the balls to banish him to the couch, just to get a little more sleep!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from Mingle Monday. Nice to "meet" you.
Glad I found your blog! Stopping by from Mingle Monday =) Love that last picture of the ferris wheel!
ReplyDeletexox
Buy Travis some breath rite strips that go across the nose - my dad uses them and says they work great.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Love the watermelon nails!
ReplyDeleteYou are 5'10"?! My God girl.. that's something we Ambers do NOT have in common :( Sad day! I am 4'11".. ridiculous, right?
ReplyDeleteLove the watermelon nails! How cute!
Hi Amber!
ReplyDeleteWow you have a busy full life. And a beautiful family. I'm from MN too, and I'm dreading the snow coming tomorrow night. I'm sooooo ready for springtime!
I'm a new follower.
Amy's Life @
www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com
Love the watermelon nails! And my husband gets kicked when he starts snoring. he remembers the kicks, he just doesn't always remember what they are for :)
ReplyDelete