I kind of feel like I need a call light while being confined to the couch. Aside from the fact that it would be useless during the day (when I'm here alone), I think it would come in very handy in the evenings and on weekends when my dear hubby were available to answer the call light.
Anyone who has ever worked in a hospital knows how annoying call lights can be. It never fails, you will always have at least one patient per shift who is constantly on the light. At the end of the shift, you may sometimes feel like shoving the call light up their butt. Yet, as a nurse you smile and ask..."what can I help you with?" for the 495th time of the shift. Inside, you really feel like yelling "What the $*!# do you want now?!"
![]() |
| {source} |
Yesterday morning was a big deal...I had a doctor's appointment. Poor Travis. He was running around getting himself ready, getting stuff ready to go to daycare, and then had me and my annoying requests on top of it...."Can you please go get my brush from downstairs? Oh! I'm going to attempt makeup today...can you bring all that stuff up too? I will also need my hair straightener".
Followed by..."This headache is still hanging on (side note: it is going on the 5th day now, unrelenting. Prick!) ...can you get me some Tylenol?" ... "Um, honey? I need 2 Tylenol because the one you brought me won't cut it. As long as you're at it, can you please grab the rest of my vitamins?" (side note: 1 prenatal and 2 calcium daily, plus 1 iron pill twice per week...grow, babies, grow!)
Bless his heart. He was a trooper and brought it all up. Except he forgot the hair straightener.
"Thank you"..... "Um...all I'm waiting on now is the hair straightener".
At this point, if it were a call light I were buzzing, Travis would have told me to shove it up my ass. Rightfully so....I am a much better nurse than I am "patient" in my own home, apparently.
Instead, he shouts...."Nurses don't even do this stuff!"
Except he is sadly mistaken. I wasn't asking him to wipe my butt or assist me in puking.
He then questioned why ANYONE would want to be a nurse if this was what it was like.
Oh, honey. If you only knew...
I think he will always appreciate nurses even more so than before. And I didn't even ask him to wipe my butt.
Love a nurse!
![]() |
| {source} |
Have a great (Good) Friday!









Hang in there Amber! Travis is answering your calls it sounds with out a light. We are praying for safe and healthy arrival of babies and for you also. Keep us posted. Have a blessed Easter.
ReplyDeleteKatie
Hahaha!! That's hilarious! What a good sport though! And yes, my cousin is in nursing school and she tells me all of these awful stories and I'm like WHYYY do you want to do this!? :)
ReplyDeleteit let me comment!!! yay!!! haha!
ReplyDeleteThe dreaded call light. It is the reason I am going to be an ICU nurse...my patients will be out of it and unable to press that button. Just kidding...no but really some call lights and that patients attached to them can be super dreadful.
ReplyDeleteso funny!! he is a keeper girl!
ReplyDeletehehe... now maybe he knows what a mom does ;)
ReplyDelete