What a week! I'm still trying to catch up, thus the late post for my sweet girl Emersyn's 3rd birthday (which was this past Sunday!)
Happy Birthday, Love!
Our week was a whirlwind. Yikes! Between clinical, work, tests, school work, my parents being in town for my mom's knee surgery,
my scary doctor appointment, being awake all night (literally) with a coughing child on Wednesday, a birthday party, and then being awake all night with a puking child, followed by a "real birthday" that proved a major change in plans, on top of growing 2 humans on a daily basis -
I am completely, utterly, unbelievably exhausted.
Despite a few curveballs - what a wonderful time! I hold my firstborn's birthday very dear to my heart as it was my introduction to motherhood. What an amazing blessing that has been. I realized on Saturday night as I was awake all night comforting my puking child that there really was no greater reward. Kind of ironic considering the scene. It broke my heart in a million pieces to see her sick and so scared on her 3rd birthday, but it warmed my heart to reflect back on the past 3 years and see this wonderful, thoughtful, polite, happy, brilliant little girl we have raised. Through her tears on Saturday night (this is the first time she has "really" been pukey sick and it scared the living daylights out of her) as I was bathing her at 3:00 AM, she would give me the biggest smile. Awww. Melty face!
Saturday was her party with her friends. We did this at the Bounce World this year---and what a relief that was not to have to prepare food, decorations, and all the jazz involved with hosting a party at your own home! We brought the cake/cupcakes, the birthday girl, and our cameras and that was it!
 |
| Pre-Bounce! |
 |
| Smash cake! |
 |
| The cupcakes turned out so cute! |
 |
| Waiting for her guests to arrive - she was just a tad bit excited :) |
 |
| Is this cake really all mine? |
 |
| Catching up with one of her BFF's from her old daycare |
 |
Shamu's Mommy's lap is running out of room! (this is also post-haircut, I only got a couple inches off. Just can't do it!) |
 |
| She caught onto the concept of gift opening fairly quickly |
 |
| Alright, I admit it - the minivan came in handy! |
 |
| (In case you were wondering how that cake turned out) |
Birthday Girl had a great time and I had a great time watching her! (It was very hard not to tag along with her and hold her...following doctor's orders as best as I can!)
Too much of a good thing led to a yucky night for Emersyn. I'll spare details and just say she now knows what the definition of pukin' rally is.
And here I wasn't expecting to see her in this condition until after her 21st?? My clinical assessment = dehydration. The kiddo ran non-stop and pretty much refused to drink anything. Ate a lot of cake. And that's about it! Woke up overnight vomiting with a low-grade temperature...once she was able to hold fluids, the temp went away, she perked up, and finally started peeing again after 12+ hours. At 31 pounds it really doesn't take much.
Our plans to take her to Como Zoo in Minneapolis on her actual birthday (Sunday) were shot. Which really stunk, because it was 77 degrees outside. After she got out of our bed, our day was spent on the living room floor like this:
 |
| Not a fair way to spend your 3rd birthday! |
|
|
 |
| She perked up enough to open more gifts |
 |
| Yay there's a smile! |
 |
| She is in love with the camera we got her - she has take 337 pictures so far (of mostly her knees, the floor, walls, etc...) |
Then we were back to more of not feeling well. I have a picture of her on my phone that was taken at exactly 3:26 PM on 4/10/11, making her
exactly 3 years old. I then switched to my regular camera and she woke up looking like this again:
Aww. Good thing it was short lived - I got her to chug some Pedialyte after this and wham! We were outside enjoying what was left of the day an hour later. No looking back since!
 |
| 4/10/2008 |
|
 |
| 4/10/2009 |
 |
| 4/10/2010 |
 |
| 4/10/2011 - I really got no good pics of her this year on her actual birthday :( |
Thank-you, wonderful baby girl, for the last 3 years. I love you to the moon and back!
I am glad she had such a great time! Perfect idea for a birthday party this year! It is always so hot on my little girls birthday in the middle of August!
ReplyDeleteShe is SO precious, and I'm glad she partied hard. Tell her to slow down for the next 18 years! ;)
ReplyDeleteYour hair looks great girlfriend!
Happy birthday to Emersyn! She is such a doll. And you are looking pretty hot yourself there momma! You should have seen me at this point in my twin pregnancy. I can guarantee you that I did NOT look like a hot momma, so kudos to you on whatever you're doing...it's working cuz you look awesome!
ReplyDelete