1. not so crazy!
It's Spring Break week, baby! It sounds rather pathetic shouting that as a 30 year old. I know. But you just might not fully realizing how great this is for me to not have to worry about posting discussion assignments, submitting papers, or taking quizzes for a whole week! I also gave away a shift at work (which should be forbidden in my current financial situation, but I'm being a little wild and crazy this week!) so I am only working one day for sure, and have clinical one day. Woop woop! It is funny how the term "spring break" churns up different plans once you're old, 30, working, going to school, being a mother, wife, and largely and uncomfortably pregnant. I dream of sleeping in and cleaning house versus laying on a Mexican beach, being drunk, and getting my tan on.
![]() |
| Cancun spring break. Back in the day. |
Oh wait! The Mexican beach right now sounds better right now no matter what. Sigh.
![]() | ||
| Yes please. |
2. you just did what?
I always thought my second pregnancy would be much more relaxed. Those plans went out the door the day we heard "there are TWO in there!" I feel like I've been a lot more relaxed and not hung up on every little new thing going on....but at the same time, never really sure because these two pregnancies really aren't even comparable. So last night when I started feeling pressure....like lots and lots of sudden pressure right in the you know where area, I took note. I laid down, chugged a liter of water, and just chilled. The pressure didn't let up at all. I wasn't having noticeable contractions so I wasn't real worried, but I did call Labor/Delivery triage. The nurse said I should come in.
So, I did as they told me. The resident doctor who came in should be very thankful that I'm an understanding and forgiving person, or he just may be walking around right now with a cervical speculum shoved up his butt. I get students and I get learning. And I get that a young male physician's passion during rotations likely doesn't lie in the OB world of vaginas, cervixes, and complaining women. But...I also get doing things for a reason. He did what I will classify as the most agonizing, painful speculum exam of my life. He apologized for using the wrong size that most definitely pinched. And pinched hard. If I weren't grasping onto the side of the bed I may have considered kicking him away. But I clenched my teeth and shut up.
And in the end, ZERO of the three swabs he "needed" during his painful collection procedure were sent to the lab. So I'm wondering.....was that really necessary?
In the end, we learned from the 2.5 hour visit to triage that the babies are doing well, my cervix is holding up like a champ, and I wasn't having any purposeful contractions. I don't have a bladder infection. I do have one crazy Baby A (Maddox) who finds amusement in beating my cervix to smithereens. And that probably won't be changing anytime soon...
3. what happened to baby Emersyn?
It seems like just yesterday, we were blessed with this sweet gift from above.
My baby is now nearly 3 years old. She was so excited yesterday to hand deliver a few of her Dora the Explorer birthday party invitations to our neighbor girls. She was even more excited today to start at her new daycare home, Julie's. Remember the daycare fiasco back in January? Well today was the day she moved on and started settling in at the same place her baby brother's will be joining her in September.
I had planned on hanging out with her for 30 minutes or an hour to get her acclimated to her new environment.
She proved to me that thought was ridiculous. She ran right in, with her jacket and shoes still on, and started to introduce herself to the other 4 kids. She helped herself to all the cool new toys waiting and said "Bye, Mom!" as I was still in the entryway. So onward I went. Tear, sniff....my baby girl is so grown up already!
| My Minnesota Twins fan joined me for shopping yesterday! |
| Ready for her first day at Julie's! She was so excited about her new backpack. "Just like Dora has!" |
4. if you continue to snore, you will be removed from this house.
Okay so I really cannot tolerate snoring. I am one crabby person when my beauty sleep is interrupted. Especially lately, because nestling in to get "comfortable" in bed, yet alone falling asleep, takes a lot of work. So when I'm in my happy place...wake me at your own risk. Travis started snoring regularly and hard about 2 months ago. I tried my best to tolerate it. But a few weeks ago, I decided enough is enough. I know his new snoring is from his baby weight. Yes, that phenomenon where men gain weight as their wife's pregnancy progresses. I keep reminding him it's not he who will be dropping easy weight on delivery day and I keep teasing him by asking..."which one of us is the pregnant one again?' Yes, I'm an asshole sometimes. Well, he is now sleeping on the couch each night. In the other room. And I keep my bedroom door closed.
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night wondering..."what is that noise?!"
I knew I made the right decision in having him sleep out on the couch when I realized that he is still managing to wake me up with his snoring even from another room.
HAPPY MONDAY!













I am dying laughing about your snoring husband! I'm a snorer sometimes, so I feel his pain.
ReplyDeleteStopping by from Mingle Monday!
oh my gosh I cannot stand snoring either so I definitely do not pity your husband!!
ReplyDeleteand your poor vagina! sorry about the bad spec exam :( glad all is well with the babies!
Yay for Spring break! I'm on mine as well...and I agree, it's a different story when it's no longer undergraduate time. I hope your break is nice and relaxing!
ReplyDeleteAmber...I'm loving your blog! :) It's so cute...and your little girl is PRECIOUS!!
ReplyDeletePs. I'm your newest follower! :)
http://lizabethmthomas-elizabeth.blogspot.com
First-- as a fellow Minnesotan blogger can I just say that I absolutely love the Minnesota Twins Clothing? Excellent choice. Excellent!
ReplyDeleteLOL about the doctors. And cringing at the same time.