I started singing this song to Emersyn nightly just over one year ago. She would nestle her head on my shoulder and close her eyes. No matter when I sang it. She could be fussy, or high strung without any signs of being ready for bed-- and hear my angelic voice (HA! HA!) and it was like it was her permission to call it a night.
Once we moved her to her big girl room about 2 months ago, our routine changed a bit in that I (or Travis) now lay with her in her bed and read a story. I realized that we missed our nightly song a few nights into this transition....Emersyn reminded me. She belted out the 3 verses of "You Are My Sunshine" without my prompting! It brought a tear to my eye!
Now, we sing it together each night I do bedtime routine. If you could see it in the light, you'd see that she closes her eyes and shakes her head around like Stevie Wonder while she sings.
It is absolutely the sweetest sound to end your day to!








That's it! I want a little girl, RIGHT NOW!!! This is the sweetest thing I've ever heard.. it absolutely melted my heart!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness that was so sweet!!! It's so fun to hear her little voice. She has grown up a TON! Sweet girl.
ReplyDelete