Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Impromptu Momma-Daughter Getaway!

This little Smooch Town and I made an impromptu trip to Minneapolis this past Sunday.
Eating a Breakfast of Champions prior to our little getaway!
The idea came to me at about 2:30 that very morning, after...well....let's just say it's a long story involving overkill pregnancy hormones, ridiculous behaving husbands, and lack/interruption of sleep.  (Don't ever wake this sleeping beauty beast!)

Whatever the motivation behind the Sunday morning trip---it was just what this overwhelmed momma needed!  We had so much fun!

We went to the Mall of America.  I actually didn't even step foot in one store---the day was all about Miss Em.  We went to Sealife, the aquarium in the lower level of the mall.  I have a sea "creature" lover on my hands!



We then went through Nickelodeon Universe...granted, Emersyn was too short for most of the rides....I guarantee she had a blast checking things out and pointing out the "cool" stuff, including her idol, Dora, and she also spotted Diego's Bus!  Score!
We rode the Carousel a couple times.
She chose the rooster the second ride around!

She was all smiles!
And deemed the day a complete success...

Within minutes of getting in the car for our just over 1-hour drive back home, she was out. 


What a perfect way to spend the dreary, ugly, rainy Sunday!  I had so much fun with my baby---I nearly forgot about the 9 million aches and pains, and "freak of nature" belly stares from strangers.  Yay for impromptu trips!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on having an amazing time with Emersyn! It looks like you 2 had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you and your "belly stares"... LOL... You crack me up with that!

    But awesome for get-a-ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, she is so precious! I love her little pigtails!! And the Mall of America is just a drive away!? Jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!