One of my favorite blogging days of the week!
{1} super woman is coming to my rescue...
I don't care what anyone says, this may possibly be the best decision I have made in a long, long time. On Saturday, my "Mother's Helper" is coming for the first time! (BIG YAY!) Hubby and I disagreed as to how often this saint is needed. I think weekly---at least every other week. Of course in a man's mind, they think "monthly would be fine". We have tentatively agreed to try every 3 weeks. I have a feeling that soon...very soon...she will be coming at least every other week. Once the twins arrive---that may be weekly.
She will come for 4 hours (or more) and do pretty much anything. Deep cleaning, laundry, closet organization, meal prep, outdoor maintenance. I have way too much going on outside of the house, and when I am home, I promise you that cleaning isn't on my list of priorities. I feel like a little kid in a candy store...with only a hint of guilt.
{2} In the still of the night...
You will find a large and very restless pregnant woman getting up and down several times to pee. My bladder isn't real impressed with the wombmates. It may be less impressed with my attempt to hold it all night because honestly, the risk of pissing the bed is often more appealing than the agony of rolling over and sitting up in bed.{3} Pour some sugar on in me
I'm taking the 3 hour glucose test on Tuesday to test for Gestational Diabetes. In case you're wondering what happened to the 1-hour test, I opted out of it and going straight for the 3-hour. I gave myself little hope of passing the 1-hour, seeing as to how I failed it with Emersyn (but went on to pass the 3 hour) and with 2 placentas that are kicking out twice the hormones that interfere with insulin, I am pretty sure I would've wasted an hour of my life for no reason. The thought of sitting there with an IV in my arm for 3 hours, doing nothing, bright and early on Tuesday morning is really thrilling. I just hope I pass. I have a sinking suspicion that I have GD this time around. I will be surprised if I do not.
{4} Oooh Baby Baby!
I started really getting stuff in place for the twinnies this weekend. The room is painted--but that's about it. I am working on washing little clothes, blankets, and bedding so we can get the rest of it put together. Yes, this is early. Yes, I have been advised to get stuff in order soon, to allow for potential bedrest or even early arrivals. I have set a personal goal of having stuff baby-ready by April 30th. I am slowing down significantly--gotta do this now while I feel able! Weekends are the most likely time--I have zero days "off" between now and April 30th so gotta use this precious time!
I am anal and do not dry any of Emersyn's clothes, any of the new baby clothes, or any of my maternity clothes. I wish I wouldn't do this to myself...but it saves a lot of time in each size I have learned! We hang clothes wherever there's room on mad laundry days. Today was one of those days. I washed the size newborn stuff....bedding....blankets....and the shower rod found new meaning in life.
{5} Prelude to a party...
Emersyn had a 3-year old birthday party to go to this weekend. I think it was the first birthday party she attended that she really "got". She will be celebrating her own 3rd birthday in just 2 short weeks! I think the warm-up party this weekend was good...except was very hard to explain that you don't leave with the birthday gift you came with. She is super proud to tell anyone that "my birthday is next!" with the hugest grin on her face. My little Dora fan has 12 guests invited for her Dora themed, bouncy house birthday party. Momma is mighty excited and relieved not to have to worry about preparing food, decorations, or supercleaning the house. I have done that twice in the past and will never again start doing "parties" until age 3. Sorry, boys. Your parties before age 3 will be very low key. I am going to revel in the task of bringing only the cake and watching my baby enjoy her special day!
Happy Monday!











I don't dry a lot of our clothes, just can't risk messing up the sizes! So i'm with you on that whole thing... your bladder bit made me giggle, you should just go ahead and piss the bed! lol! ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you! Have a great week!
I think I saw you waiting in line at Target yesterday! Man was it insane there!
ReplyDelete