Top 2 Random Facts About You:
1. Oh give me a home....where the buffalo roam.
Unless you grew up with me or have been following me for a really long time, you might not know that I grew up on a bison ranch. In North Dakota. Just a little quirky fact that some people find amusing! My coworkers actually did not even know this until very recently---and I have been working in my current department for over 3 years! Although bison aren't a common topic while discussing patient care, I remember being surprised that they didn't know about my buffalo ridin', buffalo chip throwing days. Okay I am completely joking around about that....I had basically nothing to do with them, except for an occasional trip to the pasture with my dad to see them. My coworkers were surprised...I guess they didn't peg me as a buffalo gal. Well because I really wasn't and still am not....unless you're talking about my quickly expanding "waistline", then yes, buffalo and I have many common grounds!
![]() | |
| This is my dad's pasture. I belong with them, dude! |
![]() |
| I can't take credit for these pics. They were taken by a visitor to the ranch from Germany. |
2. I have an adversion to ground meat
In conjunction with #1 above, it's an odd combination. I do love bison meat and it is the healthiest meat a person can eat. My dad makes a mean bison steak or bison rib. However---I can't do ground meat. Of anything. Ground hamburger makes me want to vom actually just thinking about it. I have summed it up to a texture issue. My daughter is following in my footsteps----she won't consider food with ground anything in it. I guess I can't blame her. It really drives my husband bonkers as he's a classic meat and potatoes man. We do a lot of chicken around here. He may divorce me one day over the issue. It won't change my mind about ground meat. (Sorry, pal!)
.











I just found your blog via Top 2 Tuesday! Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures! I've never eaten bison.. I can't even imagine.. does it taste like chicken?! :)
ReplyDeleteOh I like bison burgers! I ate one at a place in Atlanta that has now slipped my mind. oh wait Ted Turner's restaurant in downtown Atlanta... still don't know the name though :)
ReplyDelete