Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekend Recap, Stop The Muffin Top, and Monday Memory!

Did I mention how much I LOVE not having school work? This weekend just felt so refreshing. I actually got to do something other than swearing smiling over homework.

I had a nice 4-day weekend…and it was BUSY!! I will just very briefly summarize in pictures

what's been going on in Minnesota.

Thursday: I didn't have to work, but Emersyn and I found ourselves on my work floor anyways for a going-away pizza party before I had a doctor's appointment. Emersyn loves pizza. Doesn't surprise me at all…I just might love it as well! She was such a good girl and behaved nicely during my doctor's appointment.

Friday: Emersyn and I made a very quick trip to Iowa to visit Tracy and Laila. Tracy is my friend from California. Her daughter, Laila, is just 2 days younger than Emersyn. Tracy's mom lives in Iowa, about 2 hours from me in Rochester, and Tracy has been visiting her mom the past couple weeks. We made a very quick day trip to see them. It was great to catch up ---but too short of a visit! I hadn't seen Tracy and Laila since last September. The girls have changed so much since then! They had a tea party together.


Saturday: We went to Lakeville (a southern 'burb of the Twin Cities) for "A Day Out With Thomas". Emersyn realized earlier this summer that next to Dora, her favorite character is Thomas the Train. Emersyn was definitely outnumbered by little boys in this thought. She had a lot of fun though! Travis and I would have had more fun had the generator not went out of the train and cut out any option of 1) sound 2) air conditioning. It was SOOO flippin' HOT in that train that I think I might need to burn the dress I was wearing!! Yowzers! But aside from that, it was a good time and Emersyn had a blast on the actual Thomas ride and everything else.




Later during naptime, Travis and I prepared Lazy Day Lasagna, Spicy Italian salad, garlic toast, and Strawberry Jello Cake to take over to Scott and Heather. They brought baby Isabelle Ryann home from the hospital yesterday and I was so excited to go meet the little pumpkin! We took supper over and had a great time meeting Isabelle and seeing her happy family together.

Baby Fever is now running HIGH!

So speaking of pizza and cake...now for an update on the OMT*.
I finished my first week of Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred. Except I wasn't too faithful and only Shredded 4 of 7 days. Boo for me! OMT* and I got bored with Level 1 and moved to Level 2. I thought it would be much worse than it was. I mean it was tough but I was expecting to lay in shambles on the floor by the time that was over. I have a lot of work ahead of me before being a bridesmaid on October 9th! I will weigh in tomorrow at work and let you know if I lost any weight at all. Sigh. Did any of you have great luck or find any really helpful routines this week? STOP THE MUFFIN TOP!

Monday's Memory: My fellow Nurse Practitioner classmate, Syndal, is doing a new feature on her blog.
This week's topic is
your first celebrity crush
.

Well my friends, I didn't just have one crush. I had five of them…in the form of these hotties.


New Kids On The Block

I was a member of the NKOTB Fan Club in like 3rd grade. Going for the much older men. I was always jealous of my friend Jenny because she had the enormous buttons of each NKOTB hottie!

(They've got the Right Stuff, Baby!)



I hope your Monday is filled with the Right Stuff!



*OMT = Oversized Muffin Top


3 comments:

  1. Emersyn looks so cute in all the pics and i love the pic of you on the train. You should wear your hair in low pigtails with that dress. It'd be super cute! And that baby of Heather's is big, huh?!?! It doesn't really look like a newborn size at all. But cute nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I wish I would have known a bout the thomas the train event! Aidyn loves trains, and thomas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a fun filled weekend!

    I'm your newest follower from Tuesday Train!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!