Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Time to Smell the Roses! (And Top 2 Tuesday!)

It's official! As of today, I am not a full-time student, but a ¾ of full time student!

I am so relieved. This is the best decision I have made in a long time! Thank-you, God! Thank-YOU, bloggy friends, for your well wishes! Truly appreciated. I am excited to enjoy life again. I always enjoy life, but this past year has been one thing on top of another. Full time courses, full-time mommy and wife, and part-time nurse took its toll on me and my family. Travis and I definitely had some very, very tough times this past year. I mean really tough, like hanging on by a thread tough. Yeah, I can be real here, it's my blog! Going ¾ time isn't a sure bet that I will avoid tough decisions and I will still be busy over the next 3 years, but it will sure save my sanity. My supervisor not definitely approving my leave of absence request is the best thing that has ever happened to me. God really does work in mysterious ways! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it!

My next year will feel like a walk in the park compared to what I just came out of. I mean really---next summer I have one class. One! And today, for example, I ditched 6 credits that were on my fall schedule I am now taking just 10 credits this fall!

Oh yeah! This is wonderful!

I'm late to this ballgame, but I'm going to play along anyways. I still have 3 hours of Tuesday left, right? I'm linking up with The Undomestic Momma for Top 2 Tuesday!

Top 2 Characters You Would Want To Play on a TV Show or Movie

  1. Easy one! I have always dreamed of being just like Jersey from Coyote Ugly!


    How much FUN would that be to dance around and sing and bartend and call it work? Love!

    I used to be a cocktail waitress at a college bar and I had so much fun! No bar dancing, but plenty of other fun stuff. Good money, too! I also had a run at bartending after I graduated college (the first time around I got a degree in Sports Med. Then I went back for nursing) while I was looking for a "real" job.



  2. Next one I had to think about, then it hit me. Megan Fox in Transformers. Love that movie!

    (Except I'd be blown up in this scene since I wouldn't be running fast enough!)
    I haven't figured out just yet if I would want to play her because it's an action packed movie, or if it's solely because she's hot. I'd settle for either, but I think they go hand-in-hand! Travis and I went to this movie in the theaters back when it came out. I really don't have to question why he has watched it 9876291 times since then.
  3. Oh, and Josh Duhamel is in that movie! He's a North Dakota native too, and I gotta have some love for a homeslice!

In other news, tomorrow is the day. The day that I go either to the Mayo Store or Barnes & Noble on my break and purchase this:
I have heard really good things about this plan. My coworker's sister has lost 25 pounds in just 2 months following this. I'm going to put some faith in my roots and give it a shot. It can't hurt, right?

Muffin top is out of control!! It might be reaching a new status...like "double scoop ice cream cone" or something. No hope for the wicked. Okay so I haven't been really any good about staying on track because I am enjoying this break from school…but something's gotta give! And soon. Oh and that's another reason I am loving my decision. Last year at this time I was a 4-5 night/week gym faithful. That time has been replaced by school work. Thus, the horrific weight gain. Maybe my new found freedom will give me more time for things like that which I enjoy!

Have a fantabulous evening, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you are happy with your new schedule! God always knows what we can handle and it sounds like not getting approval on the leave was a blessing in disguise :)

    I had forgotten about Coyote Ugly but that would be an awesome person to play in a movie! It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that everything has worked out with your schedule! I think it's the best decision in the long run - you would have been craaaaaazy busy the other way and that's no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great movie choices!

    AND great decision for you and your family! So glad you got everything figured out!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!