I have officially been living my last month as a "20-something" since August 14th.
The Big 3.0 is right around the corner!
Eeeek. I remember when I thought 30 was ancient. Some days I feel ancient. Some days I feel old, some days I feel just right. Other days I feel so completely immature and wonder when I will wake up and be 18 again.
Anyone who knows me well knows that I can't leave behind a decade without throwing a good party! We have the perfect night planned to help me welcome my 30's mourn the loss of my 20's.
Hairball, an 80's hair cover band, is playing at a street dance one town over just 4 days before my birthday. We have a party bus rented to drive our party crew around. Hairball is super fun--they change their setup/attire based on which band they are covering. Think KISS, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Poison, and the like.
I was born in 1980. We are going to an 80's band. I LOVE THEME PARTIES.
I CANNOT WAIT!
I went to JC Penney's today with intentions of getting something for Emersyn, as I had a free $10 coupon I had to use by Tuesday. I stepped foot in the store and any questions I had about what Travis and I were going to wear for the party were answered. The store was COVERED in 80's style! It was so easy…and better yet, super cheap! I can't give away any secrets prior to our big celebration on September 10th, but I can say that I think we have the basic looks pegged down alright.
This is just too much fun already!
And, just for fun, here is my munchkin today.
I think her blank stare sums up her thoughts on our first day of more aggressive potty training nicely. It didn't seem to phase her one way or another. She peed on the floor and said "mommy I spilled!' as we ran to the bathroom. She did make it a couple times too. Yay! I just love that little smooch face!
She was also very amused by the 80's hat, and had the tilt down perfectly. She even made Travis wear it (and of course he wouldn't allow any pics. HA!)
If you were putting together an outfit for an 80's party, what item would you be sure not to exclude? For guy OR girl. Please share!! I still have time and I still have some work ahead of me.
Please share, and have a Happy Monday!







First off: I love that pic of Em! Super cute. And I also have the "ACDC" font on my machine. I should make Em an ACDC dress. Haha!
ReplyDeleteSecond off: What's this aggressive potty training you speak of all about? Share over at yahoo.
Your daughter is precious!! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower & thanks for finding me!
ReplyDelete