Tuesday, August 31, 2010

4 Pounds! (And Top 2 Tuesday!)

I have been caught in a whirlwind of busyness the past few days! Travis has essentially been gone since last Friday. He physically came back to Minnesota on Sunday, but then left right away for a baseball game had stuff going on last night after work, and is traveling today for work. Emersyn has seen him about 20 minutes in the past 5 days. It's funny how when you take one parent out of the equation---it seems impossible to keep your head above water! Our house is a disaster. As in, every room trashed. So I must keep this short and try and get some of that done while Emersyn naps!

I weighed in at work yesterday after my first week of the Mayo plan. Guess what?

4 pounds to the very ounce!

I was happy to see this because I definitely had many not-so-great moments. I have lost more than 4 pounds in my first week of Weight Watchers in the past, but as I said earlier, I don't like counting points so much. This plan is designed to drop 6-10 pounds the first 2 weeks and I didn't have to count. Hopefully I can stay on target with that…we are making a very quick trip back to NoDak this weekend for two weddings. Road trips plus me can sometimes equal disaster. Oh yeah and not to mention the alcohol calories that are a given at wedding dances.

Now, I'm going to do something else real quick to delay cleaning my messy house....participating in "Top 2 Tuesdays"!
This week's topic is: Favorite Cities.

1. Nashville

I have only been to Nashville once, but it was instant love. LOVE! Travis was down there for a one month job training stint, and I flew down for a long weekend. I have a cousin who lives there who took us all over the amazing downtown. We had SO much FUN! We spent our nights in the never-sleeping downtown and hit up all these little bars.
We honky tonked into the wee hours of the morning and met some really fun people along the way. Nashville is a wonderful time and I definitely want and need to go back one day.
Soon. I actually wouldn't mind moving there. I hear Vanderbilt is a good place to work...

2. Minneapolis/St. Paul
Duh. It's 75 miles from me and I love having the big city close, yet living far enough away not to feel like I'm caught up in the hustle and bustle (and ridic traffic). We go to Minneapolis quite often, and I go up there more than I'd like to for classes. In fact, next Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I will be there! I hate the driving back and forth, but I only have to do that routine once a month. Anyways, Minneapolis has it all...the Mall of America, Twins baseball, some awesome restaurants, a fun downtown, and is a very beautiful town!

This picture shows how pretty the fall leaves are. A cluster of downtown Minneapolis buildings can be seen on the left, and the cluster towards the right are some U of M buildings. My 2nd home come next week!

Well, that was fun! Now it's time to get back to my mess. BooooHoooooo!!
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. The cities love you too Ambular!! WOOHOO on 4lbs!! I'm with ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY to go with the weight! 4 lbs is great!

    ohhhh

    and I love minneapolis :) I think its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been to either of these cities! I'd love to though, they look amazing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go on the weight loss!!! I want to go to Nashville!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!