Friday, August 13, 2010

Freaky Friday and Ways to DESTRESS!


Yesterday when I wrote this post, I didn't even realize that today is Friday the 13th.

Crapity!
I wish I wouldn't have even realized it prior to my 11 AM date! Eeeeek!

What a perfect day to talk about destressing! Jen's topic today is your favorite way to destress.
I would like to revert back to earlier days and say one thing:


HA! Just kidding. Well kind of. But seriously now. My means of destressing have changed over the years, and now my favorite thing to do when I feel really stressed out is to do this:
Nothing!



I love not having to be somewhere, not having an assignment due, not having any commitments and just go with the flow. Like yesterday! It was a perfect afternoon with my sweet girl. We toured a new school/daycare center for her (more on that to come later. It has ultimately stressed me out. What a coincidence. HA!) We went to see my friend Heather and her new baby. Isabelle is so cute! Then after a short nap, we went to the outdoor pool.

It was a perfect day and it felt great to brush anything that should have been done aside, so that I could do nothing, and everything all at the same time. We had a great day!

So does this mean that my favorite way to destress is to push tasks off to another day? Of course it does! It's the procrastinator in me. That isn't always realistic. But it is for this time being, because of my school vacation! Yay!

I took my camera with to the pool, but like a total moron, had no memory card in it.
Der!
Hopefully there will be another chance before pool season is over. Sadly that is not far away.


I will keep you posted on my fate to be determined in 2 hours!!


Crapity.







4 comments:

  1. Oh yes I do love doing "nothing!" But I can never sit still! So for me nothing is like watching TV and blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love days of nothing! Thats the best!! :))) I love days of doing nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found your blog through the Chickadee Friday blog hop. I'm really needing a day to do nothing. Hopefully I'll get one soon. Happy Friday the 13th !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you back from FMC! I just read this post and the post prior and now I am all nervous for you about your meeting. I hope it went okay!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!