Monday, August 9, 2010

And we are BAAACK!

I have a lot of catching up to do, so I will just summarize briefly our trip back to North Dakota! It went really well. Emersyn is a pro at traveling. She must know that when mommy travels with her solo, she needs to be on her best behavior. She is not a car sleeper---never has been. As an infant, she would scream bloody murder in her car seat. Every time! I'm glad she grew out of that mess. She managed our 8 hour drive beautifully. I seriously do not know how people did it pre-portable DVD player days!

We had a lot of fun back home. Emersyn particularly loved the wedding dance we went to—her very first one! She LOVES dancing! She wanted to "shake it" all night long and had a dramatic meltdown when it was time for her to leave the dance floor to allow the bride and groom their first dance. Oh, to be 2! She shook her tail feather off for a good hour before my parents took her home for bed--- 3 hours later than her usual bed time. And she STILL would not sleep in the car for my parents on the 1-hour drive back to their house. Bedtime was closer to midnight, and of course she slept in the next morning when our plan was to leave at the buttcrack of dawn. We didn't leave until noon and it took us 8 ½ hours to get home. I seriously do NOT do well in heavy traffic…we were in the thick of it near Minneapolis and I had to pull off in Albertville, for fear of losing my mind. A little retail therapy at Carter's, where I got a near-complete fall wardrobe for Emersyn, helped me regroup before the rest of the trip. Funny how shopping for your kid is so much more fun than shopping for yourself! I only WISH I could find that many adorable outfits for myself.

I once again managed to suck at taking pics while we were home. I only got a few, the night of the wedding dance. I had big plans of getting nice pics of Emersyn with my parents when everyone was dressed to impress for the wedding.

Emersyn and this little girl, Jaelyn, who belongs to dear childhood friends of mine, had the same dress on. They were beyond cute together!

Moving on, I am going to play catch-up with the 30-day blog journal…that way it will get me on track to link up each week. So, here we go! Everything you (didn't) want to know about me!

Day 2 - your favorite movie

Of all time:
Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Classic.

Currently:
The Hangover. I could quote that movie day in and day out! (And I do).

Other faves: Old School, The Wedding Crashers, Dumb and Dumber, Dodgeball, Happy Gilmore, and The Waterboy. Obviously a lot of really deep, meaningful flicks. HA!


Day 3 - your favorite television program

As of tonight:
The Bachelor Pad. I see a lot of drama and high addiction in the making! Least favorites on the show: Michelle (glad to see her go immediately!) and Elizabeth. What is up with her manipulation?


Day 4 - your favorite book

This is where I come clean:
I'm not much of a reader. I wish I were…maybe then I'd finish reading assignments for school. But quite simply, I'm not! I have read a few books in my life, but not recently. I just find other things to do when I have "down time". That being said, I really enjoyed The DaVinci Code when I read it so long ago.

Day 5 - your favorite quote

"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it".

And, a favorite from The Hangover. Gets me every time!

Alan: I can't stand to lose another person close to me like when my grandfather died.

Phil: When did your grandfather die?

Alan: World War 2

Phil: Oh, he died on the battlefield?

Alan: No, it was on a ski trip during World War 2.

Day 6 - 20 of my favorite things

  1. Emersyn and Travis (they are both #1, I couldn't very well split my duo!)
  2. Emersyn saying "I lub you mommy"
  3. My really awesome family
  4. Paychecks
  5. Our 2 knuckleheads, Mo and Nacho
  6. Chocolate
  7. The color pink
  8. Music. Of any type.
  9. Thunderstorms
  10. Mullets
  11. Ice cream
  12. Freshly washed sheets
  13. Lip gloss
  14. Snow days
  15. The smell of baby lotion
  16. The stars
  17. Good friends
  18. The feeling of accomplishment
  19. Sleeping in
  20. Date nights!
  21. Summertime (Okay, oops I had 21!)


    Day 7 - a photo that makes you happy

    This was taken the day we brought Emersyn home from the hospital. She was 2 days old. It was great to bring our baby home!


    Day 8 - a photo that makes you angry/sad

    This is from a not-so-great phase of my life. The black eye was from a jerk ex-boyfriend. I spent some time with my good girlfriends from college shortly after, and we thought the flame shirt completed the look well. Haha. We were out for my friend's birthday. The picture makes me laugh because of its inappropriateness, and it also makes me sad…I was so naïve and blindsided at this point in life. Maybe I will share that story another day. But for now, let bygones be bygones, I learned a lot about myself and am so thankful for a supportive, loyal family. I wouldn't have gotten out of that situation without them! I since realized there really are good guys out there, and Travis is a 180 from the character that this jerk was!


    Day 9 - a photo you took

    This is one of my favorite pictures of Emersyn, taken for her first Christmas card, right in our basement. She was 8 months old. It is one of my favorite photos. Ever!



    I commend you if you're still reading. That was long! Happy Tuesday to you all and come back tomorrow for Day 10 bloggy journal. 1/3 of the way there!


1 comment:

  1. Love the recap! Following you from the Tuesday Train. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!