Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thoughtless Thursday: Halloween

Hey Friends! It's Thursday...linking again to Katie's blog! Join the fun!
It's time for back-to-school, which means fall is on the way! I love the fall season...trips to the apple orchards, pumpkin picking, Halloween, and the whole state of Minnesota looking like one big colorful Bob Ross painting.

Yeah, you know the legend.
He is the man who coined the term "happy trees".
I think Bob probably smoked a happy tree or two back in the day.

But back to Halloween. These pics are from Emersyn's first Halloween. She was 6 months old. She made the sweetest lil' bug!


And now, I am deciding on her Halloween costume for this year. I love Halloween!

Emersyn loves her stuffed bumblebee, Buzz. We want her to be something that she will recognize and be excited about this year, so she is going to be a bumblebee! Except I hate the big thick costume-y looking things all over the stores. Plus they look cheap but usually aren't cheap! I am having a bumblebee stripe dress made for her and then will doll it up with bee accessories. Hopefully she will think it's cute too and play along! I haven't decided if it will be the thin striped corduroy with stripes sewn on, or cotton stripe print fabric. What do you think would look better? Please share!

Happy Thoughtless Thursday! (Except this had more thought behind it than originally intended!)


3 comments:

  1. WHAT a cute little lady bug! Presh!

    btw I ordered my apron today from Flirty Aprons.. and I think I might use it as my halloween costume (with a few other accessories) and be a 50's house wife! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all you are TOO funny with the bob ross comment, i think you're right about the happy trees :)

    2nd LOVE your little lady bug and i think a bee will be darling this year! i can't WAIT to dress our little man up next year, this year i'll just have to settle with dressing up the bump :)

    thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I wish I could help with the halloween dres, but I am having a hard time picturing it. Either way, it will be cute! I need more 'splaining! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!