
I posted this video of military homecomings caught on tape to my Facebook page and people loved it, so I'm going to pass it on. It is really moving!
Warning: a box of Kleenex is mandatory. My dry eyes didn't even last 15 seconds!
This is a great reminder as to what our military men and women have sacrificed to fight for our freedom. Memorial Day aside, I think it's important to have a gentle reminder from time to time.
Do you have any great military homecomings to share? If so, I'd love to hear about them!
It is also Day 11 of the blog journal---a recent photo of yourself. I am going to pull the "lame" card and have you glance to any other part of my blog and you will see recent photos all over. I haven't changed much. :)
Hope you're having a great Wednesday!







Oh. My. Goodness. I SOBBED at my desk watching the video! So sweet and sad all at the same time! The little girl sitting in Santa's lap was precious! Her sweet "hi Daddy. I missed you" really got me!
ReplyDeleteThe little girl on Santa's lap TOTALLY got me too!! She is so cute!
ReplyDeleteSo I really want to watch but I fear waterworks at work... so maybe later.
ReplyDeleteummm tears.. streaming down my face! wowza! ummmm I just sobbed.. I DO NOT LOOK cute right now!
ReplyDeleteI've been through too many deployments (just finished our 6th) so I can't watch videos like this...they are too close to home. I'll be a crying fool in minutes! There are also certain songs I can't listen too...the waterworks just take over.
ReplyDeleteWe've had lots of homecomings. I think one of the most emotional is when my husband came home for R&R on a commercial flight a few years ago. While waiting for his plane, a older couple gave Jeff $100 to take his family out to dinner since he'd been away for so long... As family members, we were able to be at the gate when the plane arrived, but what really got me was when the announced the plane and the soldiers were able to get off first...everyone in the boarding area stood up and clapped and cheered when the soldiers walked off first. There were a sea of tears...it makes me tear up just thinking about it!
My husband came home from a year in Iraq on Saturday (8/7). His flight was delayed for 3 days, so it was very emotional when he finally did arrive. My 8 year old was beside himself and was very excited when we finally saw his Papa!
If you'd like to see the homecoming photos, check you my facebook page (Jen Nichols Miller.) I get a tear in my eye looking at the pics!
Sorry this is soooo long! Have a great day...thanks for thinking and blogging about the military. :)