It seems there is a bit of gender confusion when it comes to our household pets.
Nacho got his lion cut on Thursday (see previous post!) and I about fell over in uncontrollable laughter when I went to pick him up!
Mo had to check and be sure Nacho didn't have a sex change while he was away.
I may have had to do a double take and be sure I picked up the right cat myself! The groomer handed him to me and said "I put bows in his hair too"
I thought, hmmm, what's wrong with that statement?
And then I looked at him once and I immediately knew why she did it….he looked freaking ridiculous, but hysterical!
Poor, poor Nacho.
He loves the haircut but wasn't so sure about having the bows in his hair. He scratched one off right away and our other cat, Mo, attacked him and got rid of the other one.
Besides the bows in his hair, what is wrong with the above picture?
If you said the pink cat food mat, you are right! There is a story behind that.
Who now goes by "Mo".
Molly/Mo was also a rescue cat, who came to us illegally in our apartment almost 5 years ago. He was wild and fairly malnourished at the time….and teeny tiny! We were sure it was a girl, but when a kitten is so small, it's hard to tell. We were sure we had a girl. Sure enough to do this:
And then one day, before we had our first vet appointment, Molly was sitting on the couch when I looked over and saw something that just isn't congruent with female anatomy.
I said to Travis, "Oh my God! What IS that?"
Travis, being so logical, said "honey, you're in nursing school, I think you know what that is".
I remember I was so sad that night! Here was our little prissy kitten, Molly, with that thing sticking out.
Later that week, Molly had her first vet appointment.
The pink placemat in the above picture with Nacho and his bows is a leftover memory from our days with Molly.
It's a dang good thing there are only gender questions when it comes to my fur babies!
Now moving onto my real baby, WOW she had the time of her life last night! It was Byron Good Neighbor Days, which is our annual town celebration. The parade route goes right by our house, followed by great fireworks that are lit off across the road. We have the best seats in the house! Travis wasn't home yet from ND (he got home today!) but we managed to go on with plans. I had a study group earlier in the day, and after spending the previous two nights working on papers until 2 AM, I was very relieved to catch a breather. (I did manage to make major headway in my deadlines this week, woohoo!)
We had a few people over to celebrate. Emersyn just adores Scott and Heather. They are such dear friends of ours and I am so thankful for attending that wine party back in 2007 and drinking a few glasses (er...bottles!) of wine with Heather and developing a forever friendship! Heather is due with their own baby girl any minute now! Heather and Scott will be amazing parents!
Our little neighbor girl, Delaney, is 5 months younger than Emersyn. They played well together and the parade was worth getting out of their cars.
She got to stay up super duper late and watch fireworks. It was her first time purposely being up past 9 in her life, and she loved that too (it was about 11 when she went to bed...and slept until after 10 this morning! That has never happened. Ever!)
Today we went downtown for a bit to the little street fair for Good Neighbor Days. It was blasting hot so we didn't stay long at all. Travis made it back this afternoon...we were so happy to see him!
Now, back to the books. One more week and I get an entire month break from school! Yipee!!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Go ahead, make my day!