Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip. The Best!!

Last Friday, when we had people over for the parade, it crossed my mind to make my ever-so-loved Buffalo Chicken Dip. Being it was really hot out, I was extremely pressed for time (with the last thing on my mind involving making food----no matter how easy!), took the easy way out, and never got it done. Boo. Hiss.

Allie from "A Couple. A Dog. Their Blog" wrote about Frank's Hot Sauce today.

My mouth started watering as soon as I read it!

If you've never had it before, and you are a buffalo chicken lover like myself, I highly suggest you stop what you're doing. Right now. And do this instead! It's super easy. Trust me…I don't make anything that's too involved with as little time I have these days.

You will need:

2 (10 oz) cans chunk chicken (except stop right here! Chunk chicken freaks me out. It smells like armpit and looks like catfood---it tastes much better if you use real chicken breast!! Or else rotisserie chicken---a little more spendy, but worth it!)

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened

1 cup Ranch dressing (I use Litehouse brand, but any will work!)

½ c. Franks BUFFALO style hot sauce

½ c. Franks ORIGINAL hot sauce

1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Crackers and celery (I use Chicken In A Biscuit crackers!)

And then you:

  1. Heat chicken and hot sauce(s) in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well-blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on low setting until hot and bubbly.


     

  2. Serve with celery sticks and Chicken In A Biscuit crackers.


     

  3. Eat the whole pot before your husband gets to it. DEEEELISH!!

Let me know how it turns out!

In other news: I had to go to Minneapolis today for a test out in Assessment class. It went great! One more tomorrow, and then I have a couple papers to write before I can call it a wraps.

I cringed on the drive up today. Like, seriously had a moment. I saw a young guy driving up the highway on his motorcycle about 75 mph. No helmet. As if that wasn't bad enough, guess what else he was doing?

Texting.

Maybe I shouldn't be one to talk, because I have maybe been guilty of texting while driving. But on a motorcycle? With no helmet? Going that fast on a highway? Would it not be really easy to tip over?

Eeek. Gasp. Sigh.

I wish I had some Frank's on hand…

Enjoy the dip and lemme know what you think!


 


 


 


 


 


 

3 comments:

  1. WHAT?! you should read my policy paper...7 pages about why motorcyclists should be required to wear helmets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I cannot wait to make it! Thanks for the love too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dip sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!