I didn't bring lunch from home today because I spent my "extra" time this morning convincing Emersyn to pee in the potty. She has been waking up dry the past 3 days and so she is ready for potty training! But, somehow, she believes that peeing in her diaper is cooler than on her princess potty chair. I guess I'm okay with that as she is still pretty young...and I know I don't need to stress her or myself out about it. But wouldn't you know, as soon as she made it known that she didn't want to sit there, I put her diaper on her. And just like magic, she peed.
Some battles are just not worth fighting!
(At the moment, anyways!)
So, since I did not bring lunch today, I ran over to one of the employee cafeterias and grabbed something to bring back to my desk. There are plenty of restaurant options on or near the Mayo Clinic campus---but I actually like the cafeteria! I know, crazy right? I have an Italian sub sitting in front of me. I had picked out a big, chocolate pudding parfait to go along with my slumpy mood. The label staring me back in the face induced my guilt:
Calories: 693
Grams of fat: 42.5
Grams of fat: 42.5
I figured doing that would only make my slumpy day worse, and certainly wouldn't help out my *OMT!
Grr. i just lost an entire tomato out the side of my sandwich that would have been salvaged with the "u slice" method.
Does anyone remember the "U-slice" at Subway? Where they took a chunk out of the top of the bread, shoved the yummy stuff in that cutout, and then put the top back on? It saved on all the toppings from falling out the side.
My tomato may have not met the fate of Dr. F's floor if the u-slice were the case.

So, back to the pudding parfait. The guilt got the best of me and I put it back on the shelf. But that pudding and whip cream mixed with layers of chocolate chips looked almost worth the guilt. I exchanged it for chocolate/vanilla swirl frozen yogurt instead.
And loaded that up with M&M's and chocolate chips.
Because I'm feeling slumpy today.
Goshdarnitanyways.

*OMT = Oversized Muffin Top







I think slumpy is a great way to describe today!
ReplyDelete:) exciting about your 4 day weekend! Hope you enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI used to work at subway and I was a subway sandwhich making queen in highschool! :))
p.s. loving your twins jersey picture to the right!
leyyoveeeit!
Today has been a slump day for me also :( but that parfait did sound yummy!
ReplyDeleteI could SO go for a chocolate/vanilla swirl yogurt loaded up with m&m's right now... wish my work had a cafeteria ((sigh))
ReplyDelete