Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snow = Productivity

Whew! So the weather forecast wasn't lying. We got snow!

Lots and lots of snow. Just over 14 inches to be exact...though some parts of Minnesota/Wisconsin got 20+.

This was taken out our front door this morning to show the ridiculous drifts our neighbors had. I think they got it the worst of anyone.


And then we noticed our backyard had a drift right over top of the fence! It's hard to believe that our first snowfall was last weekend. Two weeks ago I could see green grass.

We had some obviously wicked wind last night after all the snow fell. Made for some insane drifting. I have seen much, much worse...back in North Dakota. This is 2nd worst snowstorm in Minnesota history and by the far the most we have seen since moving here 4 years ago!

Just in case you haven't seen this video, it's pretty unreal. The roof of the Minnesota Vikings football stadium collapsed under the pressure of all the snow they got! It is just unbelievable. It looks like a big bag of sugar getting poured onto the field.


Travis was thankful for our neighbor with a super-powered snowblower. No, we do not own a snowblower. Shoveling will usually suffice---and it's a good form of exercise. Today, however, would have taken T-man about 4 hours to get anywhere near digging out our driveway! He was happy to see good ol' Leonard emerge through the cloud of snow!

Emersyn and I didn't leave the house all weekend. Usually I would complain. However, when you have a lot of stuff to get done and are feeling really exhausted to begin with--I love snow days! It would be better if they'd fall during the week. You know---to get an excused day off work! No such luck.

Emersyn opened an early Christmas gift. She has a long way to go before we leave for ND next Monday! We don't have room to haul everything back. She has about 6-7 more gifts to open from us so she should have a busy week! Our Dora Fan was pleased with her first gift.

She also had fun this weekend seeing to it that "the boys" (her kitties, Mo and Nacho) were comfortable. Nacho was asleep on the couch and he apparently needed her blankey and ducky. (She has also tried to put her binky in his mouth on occasion)



I was way productive this weekend. I scared myself even. I got my last paper done, last of the gifts wrapped, did some housecleaning, and was a regular ol' Betty in the kitchen. This is unusual for me. Comfort foods are essential I guess. I even made my first ever batch of homemade caramel rolls.

Pure heaven in the form of 8 million calories!


Speaking of calories. This weight gain of mine is insane! When I was preggers with Emersyn, I gained it all early, then nothing the last few months. I am hoping that is a sign of what's to come---as I have already gained---gulp---more than 10 pounds! I feel like a big, inflated, oversized marshmallow man. I started this pregnancy way more than I wanted to weigh, which means I am fast approaching the weight I was the day I delivered Emersyn at 37.5 weeks gestation. Help me, please! I like to think I can blame the double placentas, double amniotic sacs, double fetuses, and double blood volume...I can also blame the double caramel rolls and maybe a few Christmas cookies.

Doubles = double ass dimples. It is joy. Pure joy.

Being pregnant during the Holidays is so hard!
Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. What are caramel rolls, and how do I make them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your snow and I love the kitty in a blanket picture. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caramel rolls... anything like cinnamon rolls?? One of my co-workers daughters is preg with twins and we were just discussing the doubles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygosh!! that is so much snow!! not something this texas girl has ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!