Monday, December 13, 2010

Just a Dream (and caramel roll update!)

The title of this post was originally going to be "Songs that should NOT make you cry".

I have had the song "Just a Dream" by Nelly on my mind lately. I heart the song!


However, the last 3 times I have heard it, I have burst out in tears!

Thankfully, the ridiculous nature of this confession has only happened while I have been driving. Alone.

It happened on my way home from clinical tonight. That's when I decided it was time. Time for a little "Just a Dream" toughening. No more of this crying over Nelly's song. (Although, Nelly himself might bring a tear to my eye. That boy is scrumptious!)

So tonight, after Emersyn went to bed, I did it.

I YouTubed Nelly's song. I watched the video for the first time and listened to the song several times. It's playing even as I type this post.

Operation No Tears has been a success! No tears!

Why tears over this song, I'm not sure. Another thing I will blame on pregnancy hormones. Though part of me feels like my whole life at this point is "Just a Dream"...maybe that's it. I cry every time I think about graduating. All this hard work will have paid off and I can officially be called Dr. Strobel. (Though I will insist on "Amber" to my patients). Dreams becoming reality. I cry every time I think about Emersyn. My dream come true! I cry when I think about the twins. Two miracles coming true. I cry when I think about our blessings.

Dangit anyways. My mom was right! She always told me that as I got older, and especially after I had kids, I would cry easily too. I used to be tough as nails. Used to be.

Ahh. So moving on to the caramel rolls mentioned in my last post! My whole family is in shock and awe to have learned that caramel rolls are a regional thing! I assumed that the whole country knew about this deliciousness. Mmmm. I am sorry to anyone who has never had a caramel roll. Besides a lot of calories, you have no clue what you are missing out on!

So to put that question to rest, I am going to be doing a post on caramel rolls soon. Had I known this yesterday, I would have done step by step photos to post with the recipe. I always do better with pics. It just means I have to make another batch of caramel rolls...and...gasp!...have another pan of calories sitting around.

Coming soon to a blog near you: caramel rolls and their ooey, gooey, goodness!

Hope you're having a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Ok, I need to listen to this song asap and see what it does to me! Haha! I have yet to hear it... It's on the radio now, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what these caramel rolls are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmm caramel rolls are so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song! Honestly... last week was a little emotional (Hubs' first on-campus interview in New York!) and I was waiting to pick him up at the airport in Columbus after two days of delayed flights, snowstorms, etc. I knew he was stressed and tired, and I missed him so much! As I was waiting in the car, snow blowing everywhere outside, I felt sad... and nervous... i just wanted him to land. Pink's "Raise your Glass" (happy song, right?) came on the radio. I cried! I think it was like, tears of joy or relief or something. Weird. Then Hubs landed. And we drove home safely :) Thanks, Pink!

    I'm pretty sure caramel rolls are so good that they too would make me cry. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from our MN/WI Facebook page! :) I'm a closet Nelly fan. SSSSHHH...

    And you're pregnant with twins? Good luck there! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!