Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Holidays!

The hustle and bustle of the Holidays is fast approaching! We are leaving any minute now for our trek back to ND. Good ol' Mother Nature always has a way of riling up nerves come travel time. Today is no exception. We are headed into a storm system capable of 10-12 inches of snow.

Go figure.

The good news is that my OB doctor was able to see me 1 1/2 hours early this morning, so we're getting a head start! Leaving as soon as Travis walks through the door. I sent him on the Wal-Mart run. I can't handle holiday crowds.

At our appointment this morning, we learned that Baby A (Toot) and Baby B (Puddle) both look perfect! They're actually measuring a few days ahead of dates, which is better than measuring smaller. Doctor said they look perfect! Their heartrates were both in the 160's. Baby A was calm, cool, and collected...and sleeping, I think. We had to poke and prod to get (her?) moving. We both think Toot is a girl. Baby B, on the otherhand, was wild, uncooperative, and put on quite the show. Either another little Drama Queen...or a boy!! Haha. I jest. Puddle was adorable sucking on his/her thumb. And by the time Puddle's "exam" was over, Toot woke up and was headbutting Toot. They are already quite entertaining.

And what a great Christmas gift to us to see our 2 little miracles on screen. I loved every second of it!

OH! Good news for me. I have NOT gained 14 pounds like I thought. "Only" 9 so far---which the doctor said is fine. Whew! In fact, he suggested we stop every 1 to 1 1/2 hours on our drive home today. I kid you not---he said "Drive as far as Minneapolis, stop at McDonald's and grab something to eat while you get in a few minutes of walking. We're not ordering a blood clot for you for Christmas".

My blood volume is out of control. Seriously. I am always out of breath and my resting heart rate has climbed about 20 beats per minute. That is 1,200 more beats/hour and 28,800 more beats per day than pre-pregnancy! It takes an army of blood to grow twins!

I'm signing off the blogging world for the next week. Our time at home is busy, busy, busy! There are too many people to try and see in too few days. We'll make the most of it and get in what we can.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL! Thank-you for reading this past year on my crazy journey of life. I can guarantee----that 2011 will be much crazier. Bring it!

Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. I love seeing babies in ultrasounds! Olivia was totally calm and mellow. Jackson was mellow but obviously masturbating. And I'll never forget- we brought Olivia to Jackson's ultrasound and when we told her she was getting a baby brother (she was 2 at the time) she burst out crying, turns to dad and says, "Fix it, daddy! Fix it!" Yeah. She loves him now but she was really bummed to not have a sister. And THEN when Jack was 6 months old, Olivia asked why we didn't cut off his "dangly thing". LOL- seriously, my kids crack me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that the ultrasound went perfectly...what an awesome xmas gift! :) Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy this week with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about Toot and Puddle!! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!! I can't wait to continue reading through the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holidays and safe journey to North Dakota and back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas and hope you have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love reading about your babies! All 3 of them! Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad your appointment went well - so excited for you! I'm glad I get to grow along with your pregnancy, i have a feeling a "baby professor" is written in my stars - like within the next couple of years :)

    I hope you have a very merry Christmas, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drive safe!! Say hello to everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!