I apparently have been Brain MIA this past week as well (unplanned).
Our trip back home was wonderful, frustrating, happy, maddening, joyous, and 4-letter swear word-worthy. All in one!
I was so proud of myself for remembering to charge the camera battery AND making sure it got in the vehicle before we left. I never fail to get somewhere and have a dead battery!
I was NOT proud to realize that I FORGOT MY CAMERA! Good thing I remembered the battery then, right? So, sadly I have zero pictures of any of this past week. Boo. Hiss. Shit. (I am only repeating what really went down. I said "shit". Not "boo" or "hiss").
At our first stop, I went to grab my purse. Except, well....
I also forgot my purse. And my money (or lack thereof?) and ID and anything else that is in a person's purse.
The first night of the trip, as we unloaded our stuff into the hotel (hotel? nope, not in the plans. More on that to come!) I realized I had one pair of shoes with--for the entire week.
Conveniently, that lucky pair happened to be my high heeled, knee-high, black leather boots.
~Always good for a doubly-pregnant lady with a history of knee reconstruction and 2 susequent repair surgeries to wear exclusively for a week, right?~
My doctor appointment went great last Monday (see previous post!) and we left town about 1 1/2 hours earlier than we had planned. Perfect, considering we were racing against time---ahem---more specifically, a bad winter storm.
Pretty sure we could beat this thing and make the 5-hour jaunt to Fargo for the night without a problem. (We had planned on staying with my bro and his family before going the last leg of the trip the next morning).
At 4:00 that afternoon, after 5 1/2 hours of driving with 200 miles to Fargo, going no faster than 40 mph down the interstate (at best!), with plenty of 4-letter words on behalf of the driver (and possibly the passenger), threats to turn around and skip the homecoming all together, watching several cars go into and get pulled out of the ditch, and polite requests from our 2-year old to "Get ouwwwt! Pwease?" we called it a night.
Country Inn & Suites made for the perfect stop for the night and I was never so glad to get out of the vehicle in my life!
It seems that being trapped in one position in the backseat of a jam-packed SUV, next to your toddler, while pregnant can lead to some pretty mean leg/back cramps. And maybe some ass numbness.
We left the next morning, sure that the roads would be better.
Pretty sure we could beat this thing and make the 5-hour jaunt to Fargo for the night without a problem. (We had planned on staying with my bro and his family before going the last leg of the trip the next morning).
At 4:00 that afternoon, after 5 1/2 hours of driving with 200 miles to Fargo, going no faster than 40 mph down the interstate (at best!), with plenty of 4-letter words on behalf of the driver (and possibly the passenger), threats to turn around and skip the homecoming all together, watching several cars go into and get pulled out of the ditch, and polite requests from our 2-year old to "Get ouwwwt! Pwease?" we called it a night.
Country Inn & Suites made for the perfect stop for the night and I was never so glad to get out of the vehicle in my life!
It seems that being trapped in one position in the backseat of a jam-packed SUV, next to your toddler, while pregnant can lead to some pretty mean leg/back cramps. And maybe some ass numbness.
We left the next morning, sure that the roads would be better.
WRONG!
We hit 45 mph on a very good stretch. Long story short----our usual 7 hours of total driving time took us 11 hours.
Eleven.
This more or less cut out a day of our plans and pushed back other plans, but we still managed to see both of our families and simply had a wonderful Christmas time. (Just like Paul McCartney).
If I had pics to show you, I would. Emersyn left the state of ND with literally an entire Trailblazer full to the gills with gifts. She doesn't even realize half of them exist---she would find a toy that was "just what she wanted!" and then stop opening the rest. Travis and I opened a lot of Princess gifts on her behalf!
I got a few pics of her tonight in the toyroom with her "Princess Car" from Santa. She's starting to figure out that the gas pedal moves the car forward---but---insists on getting out and pulling it backwards rather than flipping the car into reverse and taking the easy route.



I was happy that the Princess Car was "just what she wanted!"
I snapped a few before we left and before the camera got left for the week. My princess lover is also a Thomas the Train aficionado!

And Nacho, just because he is cute!

We made it back to Minnesota without a hitch and had to get right back into the routine of work, etc this morning. Hard to do after spending the last week of your life without a brain!
I think I am still dragging from the 5679 calories worth of Christmas goodies I ate---daily---at home. Maternity pants are a wonderful, wonderful thing for this time of year!
I hope you all had a fabulous Holiday! I'm officially back to the blogging world. I can't guarantee that my brain is!

Eleven.
This more or less cut out a day of our plans and pushed back other plans, but we still managed to see both of our families and simply had a wonderful Christmas time. (Just like Paul McCartney).
If I had pics to show you, I would. Emersyn left the state of ND with literally an entire Trailblazer full to the gills with gifts. She doesn't even realize half of them exist---she would find a toy that was "just what she wanted!" and then stop opening the rest. Travis and I opened a lot of Princess gifts on her behalf!
I got a few pics of her tonight in the toyroom with her "Princess Car" from Santa. She's starting to figure out that the gas pedal moves the car forward---but---insists on getting out and pulling it backwards rather than flipping the car into reverse and taking the easy route.
I was happy that the Princess Car was "just what she wanted!"
I snapped a few before we left and before the camera got left for the week. My princess lover is also a Thomas the Train aficionado!
And Nacho, just because he is cute!
We made it back to Minnesota without a hitch and had to get right back into the routine of work, etc this morning. Hard to do after spending the last week of your life without a brain!
I think I am still dragging from the 5679 calories worth of Christmas goodies I ate---daily---at home. Maternity pants are a wonderful, wonderful thing for this time of year!
I hope you all had a fabulous Holiday! I'm officially back to the blogging world. I can't guarantee that my brain is!








aww Nacho is SOO cute!! :)
ReplyDeletesorry about your pregnancy brain..hopefully it improves before next semester!!
I've heard that pregnancy will make you lose your brain... Hope it doesn't though! Your brain just needed a vacay!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAt least you made it home Amber...I stayed in Houston. Flights were way expensive, because I didn't plan ahead like I tell myself I'm going to do every year for travel, Christmas shopping etc. Even if I would have bought a ticket, I was sure I would get stuck at an airport in either MSP or Fargo. I vowed to stay in the "warmer" weather. It was a cold 40 degrees down here on Christmas.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I hope you really aren't losing your mind. ;-)