Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bump It UPdate -- Week 14

With the chaos and craziness happening around me lately---combined with the fact that I no longer have a brain---I realize I am already a bad momma! I was so good about documenting my pregnancy with Emersyn. This time---I suck! I realized today, at 14 weeks, that I haven't started my regular "belly pics" that I did the first time around.

If I ever get around to putting together baby books for the twinkies, the pregnancy part of it will be full of lame sauce. Late this evening, I decided to start the belly pic routine. The first pregnancy, I did an online pregnancy journal. I don't have that anymore so I will kinda sorta do it here. Ready?
Week: 14
Weight Gain: Somewhere in the 10-11 pound range. (I know! It's nuts!)
Cravings: Nada. Appetite comes and goes.
What I miss: My non-maternity clothes!
What I love: I can feel Toot & Puddle move as of a few days ago! Feels like gremlins doing cartwheels!
What I hate: The strong shooting pain I get through my hip/pelvis. (Old injury from being bucked off a horse that was much worse during my first pregnancy too!)
The Babies: Are the size of lemons this week! They can squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck their thumb (which I know at least one can--because Baby B sucked its thumb during the ultrasound last week. So precious!)

The Bump: Is growing! Yesterday, the first semi-stranger (a float RN we have to my part of the clinic on occasion) saw me and the first thing she said was..."Oh Amber! I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations!" all just by looking at ma' belly. Maybe moving out of that "is she fat or pregnant?" (well....both!) stage? Maybe?? Wishful thinking??

(Instructions for viewers: ignore the bad hair and shirt. It was a long day!)


So there you have it! My Bump It UPdate. I will aim to do this every other week, unless my come-and-go brain has other plans (very possible!)

Happy (late)Hump Day!

9 comments:

  1. How do you do it?
    Mother, wife, nurse, NP student and twins on the way.
    Every time I don't want to write a paper, study or pick-up an extra shift at work, I'll remember I have it easy, relatively speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you are expecting twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. still to early to know the sex? Well i'm sure it probably is or you'd share that with us. I know notta about having a kid! I've never had one :) You look so cute though!!! And I've heard lots of mom's do a lot for the first pregnancy (documentation, etc) and by the second/third/etc it's like oh crap I forgot.. LOL... Don't worry my momma didn't do any of that when I was born :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! i love bumpdates!! hang in there..you look awesome btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for more Bump it UPdates!! Yay for toot and puddle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting! I am amazed at how you juggle it all! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! Bump it updates! Love it - love them - and can't wait to find out if they're little boys, little girls, or one of each! :D Happy New year!

    On New Year’s Eve, I’ll be saying good-bye from my blog, “A Day in the Life of a Grad Student’s Wife”. I appreciate you following me there, and I hope you will visit my new blog, “A Professor’s Wife”, at http://www.aprofessorswife.com! I’m celebrating the new year, the end of my husband’s 7-year stint as a grad student, and my new phase in life beginning on New Year’s Day with an official blog launch/post, and I would love for you to join me!
    You can head on over to http://www.aprofessorswife.com now, and start following via Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter, and/or email so you don’t miss a thing!
    I hope you’ve had a wonderful holiday season. Happy 2011, and I’ll see ya around at “A Professor’s Wife”!
    -Stephanie S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the cutest preggo EVER!! I have missed your blog, and I'm sorry I've been a bad bloggy friend, HA! One of my new year's resolutions is to blog more, and comment more too, so be prepared! ;)

    I hope you and your family are doing GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!