My day started and finished with a focus on one not-so-pleasant fact of life.
I got an email shortly after settling in at work from Travis. It was short and to the point. It read something like this:
"I'm a little disappointed in that chili. It didn't really give me that good of gas. Aside from my walk from the parking garage to work, I've had nothing".
NOW--let me defend myself for a minute. This is not a usual topic of conversation for us, ESPECIALLY by email at work.
I told him (via email) that was one of the sickest statements I think I had ever heard.
He asked me why. You mean, you have heard something sicker at 8 AM this Monday morning?
Because, does a person really eat chili for the sake of having gas?
Deep inside, I was laughing hysterically. Except I really wasn't, because I was at work---and it might not come across real appropriate to be laughing over how the chili you made the day before wasn't fart-worthy.
So we continue our conversation on lunch break. I said....do you really eat chili because of the explosion factor, or because it tastes good?
He said, "well it's not a bad thing to get the "good gas" from it. You know, the no consequences kind"
Umm--am I missing something here? Is there a "no consequences fart" and a "consequences fart?"
Oh wait. Don't answer that. Sharts are a story of their own.
Eeeeeeeeeew. Boys. Boys. Boys.
It seriously has to be a guy thing. My nephews laugh about toots, and wait--so do my brothers! I'm not going to lie. I sometimes will too. But it's not the reason I eat chili. Who likes to walk around worrying about offending people?
So after work, I jumped in the backseat for our ride home. (Travis picks me up at the front door of work after he picks Emersyn up. It's so nice!)
Emersyn looked exhausted. Travis told me she hadn't napped at daycare! She usually takes at least a 3 hour nap.
She has been constipated since last Friday and spent her entire afternoon walking around like a penguin fighting her urge. She gets scared of having pain and just will NOT give in.
So we got home, I sat her in the magic position, she struggled and moaned and cried, but finally had success. I changed her diaper, and she laid on my chest.
Within minutes, she was snoring.
This was at 5:45 PM. I woke her up about 6:15 to see if I could convince her to have some dinner.
It didn't go over.
I put her in her fuzzy kitty pajamas and she hardly opened her eyes. She has been in her crib since 6:30, sound asleep.
It sucks seeing her awake a total of about 30 minutes all day!
But, I'm glad she's getting some good sleep.
My husband, on the other hand, held off of loading himself up on more chili for the night.
I think that was a wise choice.
You know, since it was only good for it's taste and not it's fart factor.







hahaha... that's hilarious! Hopefully your baby girl slept through the night too! And your husband... hmmm.... I've been told Chili wasn't good if it didn't have the 2 beer factor (2 beers necessary to get down a bowl of chili) but never heard of the fart factor.
ReplyDeleteOh Amber - thank you for a wonderful laugh this morning!! That's awesome about Travis! Is he totally embaressed you wrote this?! Love the sweet photo of Em sleeping on you - even if it was b/c she wasn't feeling 100%.
ReplyDelete