Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Miss Idiot, your sandwich is ready!


So today was one of those days.

I think I should not be allowed to go on vacation anymore. It throws me out of my loop entirely too much.

I worked yesterday and found myself talking about a completely different vaccine than the one I was holding in my hand ready to inject in my patient.

Then I was all, "Oh! Nope I just told you a lie. You just heard all about a vaccine you aren't even getting, but I am sure you appreciate knowing....you know...just in case you ever need that one".

Right after the other 10 you need to get after having a stem cell transplant.

Duh, Amber. Glad the patient was cool with my absent mindedness.

Today: new day, clean slate, time to get the cobwebs out of my mind.

I had a clinical rotation at the small nearby clinic I have been going to since the day I turned 30.
(Which I really love, by the way!)

I put in a good morning and felt alright about myself, the visits I conducted, and what I was learning.

(Well if you exclude the moment that my stethoscope got terribly tangled in my cute necklace and looking like a fool trying to unknot it, I felt good every other moment).

Then came lunch break.

I ran over to Subway and had a 6" turkey breast on wheat, a bag of Baked Lays, and a Sprite.

I put my garbage in the bag, grabbed my little wrist wallet/purse that I keep my money and debit card in, grabbed my keys and soda, and headed for the door.

Only after I stopped to throw away my garbage, of course!

Shortly after leaving the parking lot, I looked over and saw a Subway bag with garbage sitting on my seat.

Weird, considering I just threw one like that away!

But wait!! Where's my purse??

Back to Subway I go. Back into line I go.

Now it's my turn, and the lady looks at me like..."I just saw you, what now?"

"This is going to sound ridiculous....because, well, it IS ridiculous, but I need to dig through the garbage real quick"

(Confused look in return)

"I'm pretty sure I threw away my purse instead of my bag of garbage"

Sure! Just pull out that bottom and you can get to the garbage can.

(There sits my purse right on top)

Luckily no one threw anything yucky in there---I grabbed my purse out---all dressed in my clinical gear, and I later realized I still had my nametag on.

Yep! Nothing like representin'! Make my clinic proud!

The Subway lady thanked me for a great laugh.

I congratulated myself for being the Ultimate Idiot.

And went on to have a great afternoon!

I came home to my cutie saying "Mommy! Missed you!!"
and plastering me with smoochies and hugs.

I guess it wasn't a bad day afterall!


PS: Now get over here and register for the giveaway!

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet daughter you have! I found you at welcome wednesday. Follow me back at Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm your newest follower!
    I love your Blog! I'm here for the Blog Hop. How about check my blog out, and follow back. Thanks!
    http://www.nontypicalmom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now following you thanks to Welcome Wednesday, and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
    Today we teach another useful tip to improve your blog's traffic, so make sure you don't miss it! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha this made me smile, I've done that same thing before and had to go through the garbage looking for my keys!
    And your little girl is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo of your daughter! And don't worry, I've walked off and left my keys on the counter at McD's before! It happens to the best of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog!!! You have a new follower as well :)

    Trish
    enjoythislifeofours.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omgoodness laughing right now...not at you...but because I have had days like that too:-) Following you now too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hate days like that! But it IS a tad funny, lol.


    P.S. I'm doing a blog get together for MN and WI bloggers and posting about it tomorrow. Please feel free to stop by and check out the info!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I hate when I have those kind of days. Hope the week has gotten better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, that's hilarious! I have those days too. It's okay, we're all entitled ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!