Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lady Antebellum = Awesome!

The concert was already 2 nights ago, but I am just now finding time to finally tell you all about it!

I can keep it short and just say one word:

AWESOME!

They were soooo good! I swear I felt like I was listening to a CD of their music--the quality was amazing!

This was held at an auditorium on the U of M campus. Seating for just 4,800 people! There was NO bad seat in the house. I have never been to that small of a concert, but let me just say, that after being to huge ones and now a small venue---the small man WINS!!

Michelle and I went for dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory before the concert. I ate entirely too much, but is that a surprise?! HA! It took us awhile to get parking, and by the time we go to the auditorium, David Nail was opening up for Lady A. I didn't realize that I knew and liked David Nail's music until I heard him sing! He sings "Redlight", which I didn't realize was the name of this song that I like! Here is a clip of him from Friday night, actually at the same time I was realizing that I liked "that" song. (I am such an scatterbrain sometimes!)


Michelle and I attempting a self portrait. See that psycho look in my eye? Yikes.

Then--Lady A took the stage! No big fancy set, but big fancy voices for sure!




I was actually kind of sad that it ended without hearing "Hello World". I LOVE that one! They played every other song from their new album, and then some. But, lo and behold.....right after "I Need You Now"...

ENCORE!

It gave me goosebumps. It's a powerful song. Listen to the words and you will see what I mean!
(this isn't a video that I made that night, obviously)

After they performed Hello World, the screaming in the auditorium was undescribable! Safe to say the crowd was pleased.

I was pleased.

Michelle was pleased.

And then I had a 1 1/2 hour drive home, which wasn't the most pleasing, but I made it!

In other weekend news, always trust your mommy gut! Emersyn has ear infection, and while she has no high fever, not screaming all night, nor hardly complaining a bit, I took her in to Express Care this morning---and sure enough! I looked in her ear myself with the scope, and it was full of blood and pus. How was she not up all night screaming and begging for relief? She amazes me. Really. This is only her 2nd ear infection (knock on wood!) and so it kind of throws me for a loop. She has not had a typical ear infection yet.

Our special visitors (her 3 grandmothers---yes, 3---2 biological and one by heart!) arrived this afternoon. That visit deserves a whole post of its own! Emersyn was pleased as punch to get this cute pink purse from her Honorary Grandmother, Peggy!
She shoved it plum full of her money (both real and otherwise!) and it involved a lot of convincing that she didn't need to take the purse to bed with her. I think it's safe to say that the pink purse, along with the "real" money (the girl is in LOVE with money. I am so in trouble!), pink Halloween pumpkin, many clothes, toys, and books----that she forgot about the night at the hotel pool that was no longer an option because of her infected ear.

I have a lot to catch up on this week, and I promise I will do my best to be more present. A LOT has been going on, which I hope to clue you all in on soon!

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had fun! You totally deserve it! :)

    Em is too cute for words! SERIOUSLY!

    speaking of seriously..

    we SERIOUSLY need to set a facebook chat date! We have mucho to talk about! I miss you and once life slows down for both of us (when does THAT happen?) We need to get together!

    HUGGGGSSS my bloggy bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun time at the concert!!
    And way to go with your Mommy instincts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool you got to see them! Think I'm jealous :) haha :)

    Emersyn is to cool for school mom! Does her Halloween costume have pink in it??

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!