Here are a few tips from a pro:
1. Neglect going to the gym in favor of "sleeping in". (Because, you know, that extra 30 minutes would make or break me).
2. Decide prior to going to work that if someone brings goodies, you would hold your will and pass.
3. Once you get to work, your very sweet coworker shows up with not 1---but 2 different kinds of homemade goodness. (You won this time, chocolate chip cookie!! But not the next!)
4. Uh-oh!! Mother-in-law is in town and happens to make phenomenal Halloween sugar cookies. About 20 of them sit on your counter. Remember to say NO to morning cookies. Pat yourself on the back for this accomplishment.
5. You decide that being a good mom and a good dieter, you take the cookies to your child's daycare and pass them off as your own weekend creation. Pat yourself on the back again, as half of the cookies are now out of the house.
6. Accidentally eat another chocolate chip cookie during your slow afternoon at work. Hey, that salad over lunch hour made it seem reasonable...
7. Get home from work and deem yourself entirely too exhausted to survive a date with the treadmill. The other half of mother-in-laws homemade sugar cookies stare you back in the face. Good thing this particular pumpkin cookie looks like he is frowning at me...
9. Then secretly eat one yourself while she is not looking. You know, since she had one earlier at daycare, and eating more than 1 cookie daily is not healthy.
10. By the end of the day, you will have had 4 cookies.









oh girl..i am right there with you :( don't worry though! the holidays are hard when it comes to sweets..just do your best and save those treats for after you've nourished your body with everything it needs first!
ReplyDeletebAHAHAHAHA!
ReplyDeletelol I am so screwed1 I am supposed to start this diet the first day after my period..
i have thought it was coming for like a week now.
I am starting to think I have a six month old fetus in my stomach
it sort of looks like this!
Get ready! I am going to pop any day now! (lol I WISH!)
Never the less, the food baby needs to go! So I am going to force myself to stay true!
So at least I have a little bit of time to gorge until its "D" day!
Wow that was quite the little personal rant!
You'll get back on track tomorrow.
ReplyDeletehahahahhaha. That's great!
ReplyDeleteYou should get a dog... I read somewhere if your dog is getting fat you aren't exercising enough. haha!