Look at the days o' fun ahead!
In fine Challenge fashion, here it goes!
15 fun facts about myself:
1. I grew up in the middle of nowhere in North Dakota. BFE - at any rate, a good place to grow up!
2. I had 12 people in my high school graduating class.
3. We moved to Minnesota to fulfill my dream of working at Mayo Clinic. I haven't regretted it a bit.
4. I never knew I wanted to be a nurse right away. I graduated in 2004 with a sports medicine degree before I went back to school for nursing.
5. {I have known my husband since childhood}
6. I have dreams of being the lead singer of an all girls rock band!!
7. My twins round out a list of family history of twins: My maternal grandmother was a twin and had 2 sets of twin siblings as well. My mother has 2 sets of twin cousins. My maternal cousin has twin boys who are a year older than mine. My dad has twin sisters and a set of twin cousins. Travis' mom is a twin, and so is his maternal grandmother. He has one set of twin cousins. Phew!
8. [I am hyperflexible] My thumbs can be bend to touch my forearm.
9. I have 6 lumbar/low back vertebrae ("normal" is to have 5).
10. It took me nearly 7 years to get my wedding gown cleaned. (Surprisingly it came clean despite the dirt, wine, and beer stains!)
11. I really have no idea what area I want to work in when I'm done with NP school. Awesome.
12. The very first urinary catheter I did in nursing school was on a 508 pound woman. Not awesome.
13. {I am a huge animal softie} So much so, that I have a hard time squishing bugs.
14. I have been to 46 states and will one day hit the last 4.
15. I would rather stab myself in the eye with a pencil than fold laundry.











Stopping by from the link-up! I feel ya with the laundry, but I dislike the putting it away part, I can sit & fold it while watching a show but it takes quite a bit of motivation for me to put it away!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could travel to all the states. How awesome! Love the pic of you and DH.
ReplyDeleteBwaaaahaha I love these! So glad you're working at your dream hospital (and Mayo! Impressive!). I too have twins in my family (fraternal and identical, although only identical is supposed to be genetic), and I can put my thumb back to my wrist too (with my palm facing up). So cool that you have 6 lumbar vertebrae!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up! So glad to learn more about you!
Oh yikes! That catheter experience doesn't sound pleasant... probably for either of you! Which four states do you have left? And holy cow lots of twins!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Learning more about you my friend is fun! :)
ReplyDeleteMy high school graduating class was 20! Super small. I always say I'm from BFE too, haha!
A 508lb woman? And a catheter? No thank you!