Tuesday, July 3, 2012

{day 3}

Back for more of the challenge!  Today's question:

[Day 3]: Tell us about an article of clothing you're attached to.

(What is this, some sort of sick joke??)
The sad truth is, any piece of clothing I MAY have been attached to is no longer in this house.  I cleaned out closets in a major way a few months ago, and tossed anything that no longer fits.

Sad, but true...

The twins are over a year old and I weigh more at this moment than I did at my 6 week postpartum visit after having Emersyn.  I am not exaggerating.  I looked in my medical chart the other day just to be sure what I was feeling is true.

Losing weight after the second (and third!!) is really sooo much more difficult - just like everyone says it is!  

It is part of the reason I signed up for a 10K as part of the Twin Cities Marathon this October.  My first 5K is in 2 weeks, and I needed to have the next goal to work at.  I have 30 pounds to go to be a happy weight again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - I really have no articles of clothing I'm that attached to.   :(

 
post signature

4 comments:

  1. To be fair, I had to think really long and hard to come up with the article of clothing I'm attached to, so I feel you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only come up with the second-hand hoodies I have found recently and a twenty year old catsuit that I haven't even had out of its storage bag in ten years, but somehow the velvet wants to stay near me... i know i'm crazy, it's ok tho.

    Clothes are so not-important when we have little ones to love and nurture. I love that your priorities are correctly aligned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few hoodies and so forth stashed away, but it's not like I'm THAT attached to them. I decided just to blog about whatever my staple items were (cardigans)...but yeh, I've never really been attached to clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that someecard! How true it is!
    I haven't had kids yet, but I'm holding onto clothes from 4 or 5 years ago (just out of college). While I haven't really gained weight, and am probably in better physical shape, clothes just don't fit the same at 26. I'm scared for when I have to lose baby weight!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!