Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend o' Fun!

Somewhere between wiping runny noses, de-mattering (is that a word?) goopy eyes, and hacking up my own lung, we managed to have a fun-filled weekend!

Saturday I ran my very first 5K!  I had been feeling like junk the few days prior to it - headache, ear pain, and a head cold.  I woke up on Saturday morning and sounded like I had been up smoking all night.  Ack!!  I dug out my Albuterol inhaler and figured there's no way I was missing something I had been anticipating for so long.  Worst case scenario:  I collapse.  It was a good thing to realize one of the physicians I work with was also running the race.  Reassurance, right?!

The run was a lot of fun and seemed to go much faster than any regular training day.  My goals were 1) to simply finish.  2)  to run the whole thing without walking any of it, and 3) to finish under 32 minutes. 

Done, done, and done!!
I don't know official time but it was 31:30-something.  Not great but a personal record - isn't the first event always a personal record?  Teehe!

Almost to the finish line!

The evening before the race was my little town's annual parade and fireworks.  The parade route goes right in front of our house - we have the best seats in town!  Miss E had a great time retrieving candy, and the boys were pretty much in awe the whole time.

No such thing as all 3 kids looking at the camera.  Or even 1.




The boys got to stay up a whole hour later than normal, and by some act of God - they slept through the fireworks!  These are done RIGHT across the road from our house, and it is super duper loud.  I couldn't believe they can sleep through that, but then wake up in the middle of the night in a quiet house.  Weirdos.  :)

Other than everyone sick, the  race, parade, and fireworks - I'd say the weekend was otherwise uneventful! 

Just a few recent pics:
Dance camp recital last week - so proud of this lil' gal! 
Ooooh he is just so squishy cute!

Love his personality - it matches his wild hair :)  Sweet boy.
Hack - hack - hack.  Now I hear one of the twins in their room hacking a lung right along with momma.  Sigh.  Why the heck do cold viruses have to come out in 100 degree weather? 

  Since I can't say Happy Monday at this point of the day - I will just say - hope you had a great weekend!
I'm off to Dreamland.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on running your first 5K!! I did one a little over a year ago and remember feeling so good about myself afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the race! I can't believe that your girl is no longer a toddler. She's a child now and so tall and leggy!

    Wow, where did the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on doing your 5K!!! Something to be very proud of!!! And man oh man your boys are just so handsome!! I haven't checked in for awhile, I can't believe how much they have grown up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!