Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Serenity, and the unrelenting momma pooch

I am not a runner.

I have never been a runner.

But - thanks to UMP (unrelenting momma pooch), I have been forcing myself to be a runner as of late.  I am in week 8 of the Couch to 5K program, and dare I say it?  I'm kind of diggin' this.  When I started in late April, I was air hungry just looking at the 3-minute jogging stretches. I looked ahead on the training plan and pretty much figured I wouldn't be one who could ever jog 30 minutes straight without needing a paramedic to the rescue.

I'm there now - and I'm doing it!  I'm slow.  I get excited about jogging a 10:30 minute mile, but that's still faster than my previous pace of zero. ( Go ahead and laugh at my time, you have my permission!)

With the help of one two wild babies who think waking up at the buttcrack of dawn seems awesome, I've been doing my workouts in the morning before work/clinical.  Like at 5:30 AM.  Yawn.  See what parenthood does to a person?  What happened to the days when I was just getting to bed at 5:30 AM?

I'm appreciating the early morning peace and serenity so much these days.  It's really a refreshing and energizing start to my day, and it makes me proud to say I put in 3 1/2 miles before 6 AM.

And if this unrelenting momma pooch doesn't start to leave, or at least shrink, soon ------ I am going to seek out roles as a movie-extra pregnant lady.

Seriously, ladies!  Whose got any bit of advice for me?  My belly is so ruined.

But worth every stretch mark.  Love.

"Mom jeans" may have been more than a fashion statement.  Like build-in spanx?
Please tell me this is not what my future holds.

I will keep plugging away with the peaceful early morning runs.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I have been attempting to run in the mornings too, but have such a hard time dragging my sleepy bum out of bed.

    Keep it up- you are super mom!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!