Okay, not MY stem cells, but I just love this story and have to share.
Through working at Mayo, I have had the opportunity to encounter some of the most amazing people (patients and staff!) in the world. Prior to maternity leave last year, I worked as a float within our General Internal Medicine (outpatient) department. Part of that role involved time in the Immunization Clinic, where I met so many incredible patients who had completed stem cell treatment and were starting at square one with their immunizations. (If you wipe out your immune system, you start your "baby shots" all over again. Don't try it!)
The post stem cell patients always brought such a unique and renewed outlook on life, and I appreciated every story they told, and every gratitude they offered.
Earlier this spring, one of Mayo's successful stem cell patients wrote a song about his stem cell transplant experience and made a video of it. I just love it!!
(Disclaimer: This is a publicly released video, he was never a patient of mine in any context, I do not know this patient or his family, and this is no breach of confidentiality. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!)
I love his ability to make lemonade when life threw him lemons. I can learn a thing or two from this!
Cheers to FRIDAY!







hah that's awesome!
ReplyDelete