I'm coming off of 2 full weeks of non-stop insanity. I'm not sure how that is different from any other 2-week stretch of my life, but a lot has happened in the past 2 weeks...birthdays, starting my new clinical site, 8 days of work (I usually don't work 4 days/week either), progression in my 5K training, and
I'm tired.
I have a ginormous part of my DNP project paper due on Sunday.
Have I started?
Most of you know me better than that and can answer with a resounding "NO!"
Procrastination has always been a strength of mine. I'm just really good at it.
Every semester, I vow that I am going to ditch that habit. And at the end of every semester, I recognize it's just part of me. Part of Amber. It would be like Amber without long dark hair. Really, no such thing.
Hi, my name is Amber, and I am a procrastinator.
So instead of working on that paper, I'm going to share a few quirky facts about me.
1. I have slept on the couch for over a year now. Bedrest which turned into newborn phase which has morphed into non-sleeping babies. "I'm only sleeping there until they start consistently sleeping through the night". Ahem. I never imagined that at 12 months of age, the boys Maddox would be waking up almost every night. It's been a downward spiral the past 4 months. Yawn. Until a week ago, I was nursing overnight so the thought of going up and down the stairs all night to feed babies sounded awful. The couch down the hall from them sounded better. But I really do miss my big comfy bed!
2. I squeeze the toothpaste from the top and middle of the tube. And it drives my husband crazy.
![]() |
| Stubborn and slow witted. I suppose it could be worse: antisocial? |
4. My car is never clean. It's always a mess and when I do get it all cleaned out, it lasts about a week. I just call it procrastinating. Some call it laziness. Whatever.
5. I am excessively anal about having the twins' clothes hung or folded next to the matching pair. This is weird, because my closet is always a disaster, but I spend hours neatly arranging the kids' closets. If the boys' stuff isn't hung up next to its match, I first have a mini freakout. Then, I search for the matching piece. Considering I never imagined I'd want to dress the boys alike in the first place, the fact that I can't handle the matching outfits NOT being next to eachother in the closet or dresser is way too neurotic for me to grasp my tired mind around right now. If you have any thoughts on that, do share!
| I can't believe this is us a whole year ago! |
This Momma is out. Happy Weekend!









hah! good luck on getting that paper done!!
ReplyDeleteexcited to see you this weekend!!!
also-you're really still sleeping on the couch?! oh girl :( you need your big poofy bed!
Apparently I'm stubborn and slow-witted too. It drives my husband nuts. I have to buy the expensive stand-up (non-squeeze) kind of toothpaste when he's around so I don't destroy the regular tubes. If you think about it, we've all dealt with hundreds of tubes of toothpaste in our lifetimes, and if we're still squeezing from the top, we're definitely slow-witted!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend :)